Re: When I use aspirations.complete_current_milestone the progress is still not

by ValerieSvet

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ValerieSvet Just tested on mine and while I have issues with the check marks properly showing (see this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Aspirations-complete-but-don-t-show-check-mark/td-...), I was able to complete the aspiration with cheats no issues

Do you get the message that you completed the milestone and it's a matter of the check marks just not showing or no message at all ?

Do you have issues with all aspirations ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 40 (1,232 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It shows me I've completed all of 4 stages in milestones for some characters, got traits in all of the cases.

Just check marks dont show. And when the milestone is on the last stage (the 4th milestone) even if I got the trait for completing aspiration it still shows that the last one is not golden. 

Message 32 of 40 (1,225 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ValerieSvet Probably same issue as linked above then. It's just a visual issue and not the cheat not working.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 40 (1,221 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Because it is like I've completed the life goal, got trait but it is still shown I haven't done everything. 

Message 34 of 40 (1,218 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ValerieSvet Yes, but it's just visually not showing (the check mark). You completed it fine if you got the trait. It can also happen without the cheat.

Merging with the other thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 35 of 40 (1,210 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict Hi, after checking and with the family asperation that was somewhat messed up in the beginning I had that earlier, the asperation stuff is very specific. For doing the Reuasains asperation, DU skill books for elective classes count towards reading books, the course textbooks don't because you don't actually read them, you study them. Also, your only get a checkmark on the asperation goal if you completed it in the game. If you use the cheat any asperation goal that is not registered in the game will not get a check mark, but if you complete the goal later on it will complete it. So it is a good idea to periodically go to asperations you have completed in the game. Some are personal, and some are global, meaning that current sim must have earned that munch, but there are also ones that effect all sims with that asperation. So a good example is read a box to a child sim, any child will clear that requirement, household must have 1,000 simolans of children items, this will clear all asperations with the requirement on any sim that has that asperation. If the asperation is not active when its cleared, it won't register right away, as complete as a check mark is only put on asperation goals that was registered with active asperation, if you change the asperation after the status, the game checks the sims statistic and will mark the statistics as complete, but not check it, until the asperation itself is complete all goals will receive a checkmark.
Message 36 of 40 (1,092 Views)

Re: [XB1] Sucessful Lineage Aspiration are not being recognized upon completion

★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem but I'm a PC player not console. I even tried the complete aspiration milestone cheat and I get the message in the middle of the screen to say my sim has completed the milestone but nothing changes when I look at what his list of milestones to complete is.

Message 37 of 40 (1,047 Views)

Hero
@natng83 Going to move this over to the check mark thread for now as it sounds like this when it said it was completed.

Could you maybe add a picture ? Did the next 'level' open up ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 40 (1,020 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello.

Is anyone still seeing this issue?  (With an empty Mods folder)

If so, would you be willing to share affected save files?

Instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 39 of 40 (618 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread has been closed as this is currently functioning as designed by The Sims team.

If you feel this was in error, please create a new thread here with as much information as you can provide. Thank you! 

solaire.png

Message 40 of 40 (1,184 Views)