Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Aspirations complete but don't show check mark

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When completing aspirations naturally, this occurs 20% of the time. When using the cheat to complete current milestone, it happens 100% of the time.
What happens when the bug occurs? The aspiration moves to the next step, grants rewards, but does not show the check mark to say you completed it.
What do you expect to see? I want to see the check mark when I complete an aspiration, or when I cheat for one (because I only cheat when the game doesn't register what I did or when I completed it but had the wrong aspiration selected when I did). I'm a completionist so seeing incomplete aspirations (even though all rewards have been granted) bothers me.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.58.63.1010 and the download of Discover University

First off, the glitch was occurring in a save where I had NPCC and MCCC as mods.  However, to make sure it was not the mods, I moved the entire Sims 4 folder from my documents to the desktop, repaired my game, and started a new save mod-free.  The screenshot is from the mod-free save.

On my original game, certain aspiration milestones were not counting (Read 3 books, work out for 10 hours).  I did what I knew would complete them, and when they didn't count, I used the cheat aspirations.complete_current_milestone in order to get past the glitch.  I was given the rewards and moved on to the next stage, but the aspiration menu shows it as incomplete (no check mark).

This also happened a few times without the cheat when I completed a milestone naturally.  The specific one I remember was that my sim was on the last stage of the friendly aspiration, but I had a different aspiration selected.  She already had 10 charisma, and when I switched to the friendly aspiration because I knew it would complete immediately, it did complete but did not show the check mark to say it was completed.

I know I'm still technically getting the rewards, but I don't like seeing incomplete goals under my aspirations.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 40 (12,152 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [XB1] Sucessful Lineage Aspiration are not being recognized upon completion

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread has been closed as this is currently functioning as designed by The Sims team.

If you feel this was in error, please create a new thread here with as much information as you can provide. Thank you! 

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 40 of 40 (1,183 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Aspirations complete but don't show check mark

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Something similar happened to me, too. But the aspirations also are not being awarded and they aren't marked. No mods, all packs, repaired game, nearly new save for DU.

Desktop Screenshot 2019.11.17 - 17.23.28.84.png

Desktop Screenshot 2019.11.17 - 17.24.33.32.png

Message 2 of 40 (12,010 Views)

Hero
@withlovejulien That sounds like a different issue.
Is it for all aspirations or this particular one ?

Could you make a new thread for this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 40 (11,976 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Emmiverse   @withlovejulien   @crinrict 
This is happening in a save I have been playing this week.
@withlovejulien  picture does show the message that her Sim did contribute knowledge but the aspiration step did not complete.
The obvious ones for me are at the last stage of aspirations that require top level skills.
The steps show completed but look again after travel (?) and the top tier of the aspiration shows zero when it should be level ten skill.

Another example of incorrect totals/data is the base game Painter aspiration. The last stage requires five Masterpieces.
I was at four of five and then traveled from campus (university class) to home. The count was back at zero of five so I started again and of three masterpieces only one stuck.
Just now when I saved to quit my Sim had graduated and completed all but the final step (join a career) of the academic aspiration. I switched to that aspiration and nothing in the final stage or the previous stages showed as checked.

I have repaired and deleted caches multiple times but this keeps happening.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 4 of 40 (11,861 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi! I missed this earlier. I'll add a new thread. Thanks @crinrict!

Message 5 of 40 (11,827 Views)

★ Guide

Right now, my Sim's Nerd Brain aspiration won't acknowledge that he has finished reading even one book which is part of the first milestone (finish reading 3 books). I've tried having him grab books from different bookcases from different packs, but to no avail.

Message 6 of 40 (11,755 Views)

Hero
@Nindigo79 Is your Sim a spellcaster or do he have the debate skill ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 40 (11,749 Views)

Aspirations not fulfilling

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but the last 2
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Complete any aspiration.
What happens when the bug occurs? You complete the aspiration, you get the points for it, but it doesn't check off the aspirations nor do you get the reward for completion.
What do you expect to see? Aspirations fulfilling as normal. Being checked off and receiving the reward for completion.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The last Nov patch that seems to have added a whole host of bugs.

Aspirations not fulfilling

Message 8 of 40 (11,727 Views)

Re: Aspirations not fulfilling

Hero
@Victoriarose1968 Do you mean like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Aspirations-complete-but-don-t-show-check-mark/td-... ? Can you go on or are you stuck ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 40 (11,714 Views)

Re: Aspirations not fulfilling

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Crin, yep, this exactly (sorry I didn't see that a thread had already been started) what's happening in my game. Totally stuck in the game from this. 

Message 10 of 40 (11,705 Views)