Re: Aspiration trait broken

by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] Aspiration reward trait removed after aging Sim in CAS

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

1. Completed Master Chef aspiration and gained "Fresh Chef" reward trait. 

2. Used CAS cheat to age sim from young adult to adult.

3. Lost "Fresh Chef" reward trait.

4. Checked the aspiration options and found Master Chef still complete, so cannot re-earn the associated reward trait.

I have no mods installed and play on a Mac.

If I could somehow reset the aspirations and start over, I could at least use a cheat to complete them and get the associated reward trait back, but I have no idea how to do reset them.

Message 1 of 12 (3,943 Views)

Hero

You mean you don't have it showing in the list of traits you have ? 

Not sure if you can cheat those back but did you try adding it with a cheat: https://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/index#wiki_trait_cheats ?

Or is it missing in CAS ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (3,919 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The trait was removed from my sim's trait list. Also, aspiration completion rewards are not given in CAS.

In CAS, when you choose the Master Chef aspiration, you are given "Essence of Flavor" trait. When you complete the aspiration, you earn the "Fresh Chef" trait, which is what I lost. I was able to get "Essence of Flavor" back in CAS. What I really want back is "Fresh Chef."

Thanks for passing along that link. Unfortunately, I tested the cheat, and it is able to give me the purchasable traits like "Steel Bladder" and "Never Weary" but does not add traits earned by the completion of aspirations such as "Naturalist" from the "Freelance Botanist" aspiration, or "Fresh Chef" from the "Master Chef" aspiration. Frown

I have also tried:  

aspirations.complete_current_milestone 

It doesn't work because the aspirations are already complete. I can't find a cheat to remove the completion of an aspiration.

Message 3 of 12 (3,917 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Is the looking trait on aging up with cheat scenario a reproducible issue ?

I don't know of a way to get it back if the cheat doesn't do anything. Maybe if you have a backup from before aging them up ?

And yeah, of course, sorry for the mixup :P

Do you know if this is a reproducible bug with the cheat or if it was a one time thing ? Did it ever happen on normal aging up ?

EDIT: This user cloned their SIm: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/788318/lost-all-traits/p2 ..

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (3,915 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have only experienced this bug from aging up via CAS. I have never seen it happen during a natural age up. That's all I can say... :/

I also don't have a backup, unfortunately.

As for consistency, I've never done this before. It's my first time aging up characters via CAS. I did it to a pair of sims and both of them lost all their earned and purchased traits. The purchased trait loss wasn't a big deal because the points spent were returned to their spending pool so I could just buy them again.

I appreciate your help. This situation has been really disappointing because earned traits are a major incentive to play this game at all, considering how limiting Sims 4 is compared to the other Sims games. Frown

Message 5 of 12 (3,908 Views)

Hero

It's probably an issue with the cheat then. 

I'm going to split your post from the rest tomorrow as this thread is a mixture of different things.

Best if we just start a new one to add.

I doubt it's going to be a top priority though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (3,904 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I figured as much. Thanks again!

Message 7 of 12 (3,896 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Split and added to the cheat issues

@Miranelle

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (3,887 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This just happened to me. 

I used the “complete milestone” cheat to give my sim the “Player” and “Companion” traits from both love aspirations. I aged her down in CAS so I could age her back up with a cake to remove a sad toddler moodlet that had been stuck to her. 

The moodlet was fixed... and those two traits were removed. I can’t use the aspiration cheat on them anymore because they’re also complete... but still absent. 

They arent just missing from the list- my character can’t practice them. She kissed a guy in front of another love interest, and he got jealous. 

All her other traits seem to be intact. The ones purchased from the trait store are all good. Just the two love aspirations I gave her before I fixed her moodlet. 

Has there been any progress on fixing the issue? Like the original poster, I’m really disappointed she doesn’t have them! I also have no backup, as I’m on an Xbox. 

@crinrict 

Message 9 of 12 (2,208 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@KushKylie - I don't think you can cheat down the aspirations, however I tested adding the traits to a couple of my sims. These worked for me on PC with no mods.

Companion:  traits.equip_trait EternalBond

Player: traits.equip_trait Player

Message 10 of 12 (2,196 Views)