Re: My sim's aspiration goals reset for no reason

by ElliotDonutPizza

Original Post

Re: Successful Lineage aspiration issues

★★★ Guide

@crinrict, I recently deleted all Mods and CCs from my game as they were slowing it right down and the lag was getting unplayable.

I haven't seen any "LastExceptions" alerts since removing them about 2 weeks ago.

This is the only aspiration I'm having issues with.

Message 11 of 30 (1,250 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Aspiration Counters visually reset

★★★★ Apprentice
I don't have the exact same problem. But this is also kind of happening with my sim (I'm doing a 100 baby challenge with my sim, so she's the matriarch). She switches between quite a few different aspirations (freelance botanist, computer whiz, serial romantic, successful lineage or big happy family even), and sometimes the aspiration counter jumps to a different number (sometimes it even changed while she wasn't doing anything that had to do with the aspiration, which was odd). It's not very problematic (since I already know how many or how much she did of something) but it's still a bug, isn't it?
However, with sims who stick to only one aspiration, I had never seen this happening. So could that be the case?
Message 12 of 30 (1,187 Views)

My sim's aspiration goals reset for no reason

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions, all game packs EXCEPT for realm of magic and vampires, laundry day stuff, kids room stuff, vintage glamour stuff, perfect patio stuff, and cool kitchen stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i honestly dont know. it was completely random
What happens when the bug occurs? it resets all of your aspiration progress but stays on your current milestone
What do you expect to see? the tasks you have completed shown as completed, not incomplete
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. most recent emergency eco lifestyle patch.

so i have a sim with the academic aspiration and he had completed the first 3 milestones and was on the last milestone of the aspiration. all of a sudden when he came back from class ALL of his aspiration goals reset and were incomplete, even the goals from past milestones. the thing is, he was still on the 4th milestone of the academic aspiration. all he had to do left was earn a degree and get a job with the degree.

when i went to check the main menu screen for the game version, i came back to my game to take a screenshot of what happened and everything was back to normal????

please ea, FIX ECO LIFESTYLE. it has a lot of potential, but the pack and the update is SO BROKEN. i lost a save that i worked MONTHS on because of the eco lifestyle update, and all of my mods completely broke. PLEASE FIX IT!!!!!!!!!

Message 13 of 30 (1,184 Views)

Hero
@ElliotDonutPizza Sort of like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Aspirations-complete-but-don-t-show-check-mark/td-... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 30 (1,157 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie

UPDATE: the bug happens anytime my sim travels out of a class or if i have my sim travel with "bring sim to current lot". i just figured this out, here is a screenshot if you want more details:

Message 15 of 30 (1,153 Views)

Aspiration Progress Gone

★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? BASE: 1.29.80.4400 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to fulfill milestones of "artistic prodigy"
What happens when the bug occurs? The milestones show as 0 though the child has skill level of 10 in creativity, has played an instrument etc. Note that these milestones used to show as fulfilled - they just suddenly had turned to zeros.
What do you expect to see? The milestones achieved like they were.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sorry about the negativity but I've had it with these constant issues with the game! Thought it'd be fun not to use any cheats - well one can't play the game as it should be played WITHOUT using cheats to solve stuff.

I've played since the dawn of time when you guys started and Sims has always been buggy from the very beginning. Still love it though. Guess this is just how it is then.

Message 16 of 30 (1,177 Views)

Re: Aspiration Progress Gone

Hero (Retired)

@Flatwhite97 A bug report similar to this is here Aspiration Counters Visually Reset. Is this what you are seeing in your game? A couple other similar issues are linked in that post also. Please let me know if one matches your issue.

Message 17 of 30 (1,148 Views)

Re: Aspiration Progress Gone

Hero
@Flatwhite97 Is above linked issue what you're seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 30 (1,111 Views)

Aspirations resetting randomly

★★★ Guide

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure. For me it happens usually while rotating between households and/or changing controlled sims or changing their aspirations.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sometimes the aspiration progress resets randomly (eg. Social aspiration Friend of the Worlds task "Meet new sims 0/10" might be at 6/10 -> you change aspiration to eg. Serial romantic to get 1/2 on going on a date and return to Friend of the World and the 6/10 has gone back to 0/10. It seems to sometimes fix itself, but not always. There's also some issues on the aspirations recognizing current skill level (eg. you're required to have skill level 5 to fulfill the aspiration task and you're already on lvl 7, but it shows at 0/5).
What do you expect to see? The aspirations working properly and recognizing and remembering the progress the sim makes - after all the loading screen tells me "you can change aspirations at any time without losing progress!".
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My best guess is this started with EL or the patches right before/after that. Definitely was there before NK.

Mac specs:

MacOS Catalina 10.15.4

2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Message 19 of 30 (1,070 Views)

Re: Aspirations resetting randomly

Hero
@adduapina There's several issues with aspirations as outlined in this thread I've merged yours into. Sounds like it's what you're seeing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 30 (1,054 Views)