by alexfredd

Original Post

[OPEN] Aspiration Counters (visually) reset

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University Island Living Get Famous Seasons Cats and Dogs City Living Get Together Get to Work Realm of Magic Jungle Adventure Parenthood Dine Out Outdoor Retreat Tiny Living Stuff Laundry Day Stuff Vintage Glamour Stuff Backyard Stuff Romantic Garden Stuff Movie Hangout Stuff Cool Kitchen Stuff Luxury Party Stuff and Both Free Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a sim, work on an aspiration - switch to a new aspiration & work on that one. Leave the lot with your sim, return home, switch to old aspiration only to find that all progress at current tier is lost.
What happens when the bug occurs? For example- Hudson is currently studying music, and is working on becoming a complete virtuoso! But, what rock star isn't also a serial romantic? So he's bouncing back and forth between writing music and practicing, to finding 10 hot sims who wanna kiss him. While out at the bar, Hudson's had some drinks and makes out with 5 sims - good for him! Hopefully he didn't start any fights, but lets get him back home. Alright, now that he's kissed 8/10 sims, lets focus on music for a couple hours. Write a couple more songs... maybe sleep off those tang and zangs. However, something peculiar happened when we get Hudson home. He suddenly doesn't remember he ever made out with the 8 sims!! Those tang & zangs must have been strong. The short of it is that I'm having an issue where my sims are returning home after traveling to another lot and losing milestone progress for aspirations.
What do you expect to see? Hudson should remember how many sims he kissed even once he goes home - those sims matter too! Sims should keep milestone accomplishments all the time and not be forced to stay home like us.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I did not have this issue prior to the April 7th update.

N/A

Message 1 of 30 (5,657 Views)

Re: Aspiration Milestone Issues

Hero
@alexfredd Did a few tests and it's fine for me. Do you have this with every family you try or just a special one ? Does it matter which aspiration ? The one you described above or all of them ?

Are you getting any lastExceptions ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 30 (5,576 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm playing one of my relatively new legacy's currently, I haven't checked to see if it happens with any of my other families but I will try them later today!

The issue is a little more interesting as I was playing for a while last night and discovered a little more of what's happening. It appears to be just a display issue. 

In the case of my sim Hudson who is working on both music & serial romance aspirations - when Hudson kissed a new sim, the aspiration milestone tracker jumped from 0/10 sims to 9/10 sims. So the memory of him having kissed those sims is still there - however visually all progress is seemingly "lost" when I switch around from aspiration to aspiration.

It is also happening to his parents who live in a different household, with different aspirations. I have them working on the final soulmate tier where they have to accomplish 50 romantic interactions. As an example, the two sims will be at home - yknow being lovebirds and what not. Then they'll go to their restaurant for a shift and return home. While at the restaurant/other community lot the milestone tracker will still read the correct number (example, 24/50 romantic interactions). However, when they return home all of the trackers will visually reset for that tier (as well as other aspiration trackers). With that being said, it will read 0/50... but the minute I have them do something romantic it will return to the correct number. Seems to just be more of a visual inconvenience than a progress issue if this makes sense.

I'm hopping around all of the aspirations to complete all of the tiers with each sim, so I can confirm that it happens with every aspiration and it only seems to happen upon returning home from a community lot. 

Not sure if it is related - but I have another issue where progress trackers are simply not working. Like when a sim reads a book, you can normally see the action progressing to have an idea of when they'll finish reading the book, but the green progress bar doesn't move. 

Like I mentioned, may just be progress display issues as I'm not completely losing all history.

If helpful, I can take some screenshots later while playing. 

Message 3 of 30 (5,548 Views)

Hero
@alexfredd Could be along these lines: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Aspirations-complete-but-don-t-show-check-mark/td-..., maybe that evolved although I couldn't see the visual issue on my game you're describing.

The timer issue is known of student homework, haven't seen it reported for reading.

Marking this as Needs input to see if others have issues

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 30 (5,521 Views)

★ Guide

The resetting visually thing happened to me when I played a different household on Sulani and one of my other sims came to visit. When I switched back to her household, her aspiration counter had reset.

Restarting helped though.

Message 5 of 30 (5,506 Views)

Writing Aspiration level 4

★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try complete Writing Aspiration level 4, get level 10 writing, 3 Best Seller, Make 25,00
What happens when the bug occurs? when trying to complete Writing Aspiration level 4
What do you expect to see? sims getting points to the tasks
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello,

My sims can complete the Writing Aspiration level 4 to max this out, she has level 10 writing, and has sold many books, but the Aspiration level hasn't move off 0.

Try reset sims, reload the game.

Thank you 

Message 6 of 30 (5,515 Views)

Re: Writing Aspiration level 4

[ Edited ]
Hero

@BearcameronUK Does the progress stay at 0 for all three tasks ? Is that what you mean by points ?

Are you getting any LastExceptions ?

EDIT:

Tessted my save and not having any issues fulfilling these.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 30 (5,507 Views)

Re: Writing Aspiration level 4

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply 

Yea all the progress was stay at 0 for all three task. The points was just a misses wording don't know what to say. 

I did solve by restart the game completely and computer, but did see that it glitches(all progress went back to 0) out when traveling lots. But once home was fine again. 

Once again thank you for your reply

Message 8 of 30 (5,463 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT] 'Mentor Child' only completes/uncompletes after reload

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Get To Work, Get Together, Seasons, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Vampires, Backyard Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Movie Handout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm trying to complete the Successful Lineage aspiration. I'm on level 4 where I need to mentor a child 3 times, have a child/grandchild top a career etc etc
What happens when the bug occurs? When I complete a mentor a child action through "mentor" (e.g. violin), "encourage" (e.g. artwork table), or help with homework, my progress does not go up under the "Mentor a Child 3 times" goal. I tried with multiple children and multiple ways of mentoring. I came back to the game a real life day later and the progress had been completed. However, I then moved a now aged up child sim out of my household and into another one and now all my progress on that level of the aspiration has been lost.
What do you expect to see? Completing a "mentor" action (mentor/encourage/help with homework) will count towards the "mentor a child 3 times" aspiration goal. Additionally the goals will not reset when Sims are moved out of a household.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm trying to complete the Successful Lineage Aspiration. However on level 4, my progress for "mentor a child 3 times" doesn't go up when I mentor a child. It did eventually reset, but then I moved a (different) sim out of my household and all progress on that level of the aspiration was lost.

Edit: I logged off the game and logged back in to get my version number for above. I went back into my household and the "mentor a child 3 times" goal was completed. I then went to the trash/treasure festival (I can't recall what it's actually called), played there for a bit and then came back home. The "mentor a child 3 times" goal now said it still needed to be completed.

Message 9 of 30 (5,505 Views)

Re: Successful Lineage aspiration issues

Hero
@Thats_Me_Madz Are you getting any LastExceptions with that `?

There's now several similar reports such as this one:

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Aspiration-Counters-visually-reset/td-p/8950056
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Aspirations-complete-but-don-t-show-check-mark/td-...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Aspiration-not-completing-Sim-activity-is-not/td-p...

Is this the only aspiration you have this issue with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 30 (5,471 Views)