Re: Aspriration progress/goals reset upon traveling

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Aspirations resetting randomly

★★★ Guide
@crinrict Yup. Sounds like the same issue, thanks for merging. I'll me too the original post.
Message 21 of 30 (666 Views)

Status of Aspirations disappear when leaving home

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.30
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every Main Pack except for City living and Eco lifestyle. Child's Room Accessoires, movie Hangout, Nifty knitting.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get progress in an aspiration, leave home to go to a public space, come home, aspiration set back to 0.
What happens when the bug occurs? Aspirations of Current Milestone are set back to 0 when Leaving home to go to public spaces like a lounge. It's very sad and frustrating :/ I Think it started with get famous when the preparations for the actor career disappeared when going to Work or public space. Now it's on all aspirations for quite a while!
What do you expect to see? Aspirations staying complete
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 22 of 30 (668 Views)

Aspriration progress/goals reset upon traveling

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but JtB.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make some progress on sims aspiration (say Love-Soulmate and go on a date 1/2), travel to another lot and watch aspirations reset.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims aspirations reset on progress randomly. One of my sims has eg. The cooking aspiration and make 5 exellent meals resets every time he travels. One forgot that she already _has a child with 3 friends_. And so on.
What do you expect to see? I want my aspiration progress to stay solid as a stone, because the loading screen tells me that I can even switch aspirations at any time without losing progress. Now I'm losing it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Unsure about when this started, might've been the kits patch. All my played households seem to be affected.

//edited. Typo.

Message 23 of 30 (617 Views)

Hero
@adduapina There's a visual issue as described here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Aspiration-Counters-visually-reset/td-p/8950056

Is that what you're seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 30 (600 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict Yes, I have me too'ed and actually also posted on that thread but didn't find it by search so made this report. Merge if you will, it's annoying and ongoing issue for me.
Thanks.
Message 25 of 30 (589 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Aspiration Counters (visually) reset

★ Guide

I can't predict when this will happen but I agree its usually just the counter, not the actual progress. The visual progress usually returns when I travel and come back to the home lot.

Message 26 of 30 (513 Views)

★★ Pro

Okay I had some trouble following the winding original post but I think I get this too. Hope I didn't misunderstand.

So when I travel somewhere, the active sim's aspiration goal that has a set number of tasks to accomplish resets to zero. For example, aspiration goal "write songs 2/4" will turn to "0/4". But for me the aspiration data will eventually catch up and after a while it shows it correct again.

Message 27 of 30 (478 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Aspiration Counters Temporarily Become Zero After Traveling

★★★ Apprentice

I've been having this with serial romantic aspiration just as someone else did. it doesn't matter what lot, but yes it seems to be when on another household member and you bring them to lot on their icon. I have been swapping lots by going to a household member that is at home, then bringing the before played sim back using the icon because it is simply quicker than watching them run through town or where ever they are to get back home. None of my other sims in this household have a counter active at the moment. this save hasn't been to any secret lots at all.

Did anyone find the cause or a workaround? I saw someone mention the remove blur effect which i just downloaded after finding out that breastfeeding is blurred!

Message 28 of 30 (423 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Aspiration Counters Temporarily Become Zero After Traveling

Hero
@brigidnouveau I moved your post over to a more current report.

It's usually just a visual issue and they go back to normal when you go back home. Is that not the case for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 30 (398 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here,

currently working on the academic aspiration, and as I traveled to my university ALL my progress was lost.

Sucks steaming piles of horse dung since tutoring students is a pain in my backside..... 

Message 30 of 30 (87 Views)