[FIXED] Ambrosia Not Working At All

by HarryPotter4444

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Ambrosia Not Working At All

★★★★ Apprentice
The ghost Sim this issue happened with was sitting, but I didn't know that sitting was an issue. It was the very first time I ever gave Ambrosia to a Sim.

In first attempt sitting, the issue happened, I went back to the last save to right when it was made. In second attempt sitting, she successfully came back alive.

This happened in the April 2018 patch, she died from old age and she wasn't an occult.
Message 11 of 56 (4,706 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, and my sims also keeps getting the message that they are about to die from overheating, when they are already dead. I am thinking of removing Seasons and play without it because that´s why they die. They are not vampires, one was an alien, and they both died from overheating, in the winter.

Tried ambrosia three times, nothing. Will try a fourth time.

Message 12 of 56 (4,598 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have a teen Sim who died of overheating. I tried the Ambrosia 3 times and it has not worked. The resurrection animation takes place but she does not return back to life. I also made sure she was standing when eating the ambrosia. She is not an alien or vampire.

Message 13 of 56 (4,572 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Ambrosia Not Working At All

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I had my young adult Sim die of overheating, tried ambrosia once while sitting, revival animation started but nothing happened. Tried a 2nd time, removing all chairs from the lot,sim ate ambrosia, revival animation started then nothing.

Edit: I verified my files and restarted the game then used the console commands to remove the ghost trait from overheating so now my sim is alive.

Message 14 of 56 (4,539 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Ambrosia Not Working At All

★ Pro

Not sure if this is related. Sounds like the resurrection bit is not working as it should. But...

I have not had anyone die for a while, but I've noticed that recently the game has not been recognizing death flowers in my Sims inventory for making Ambrosia, scenting a flower arrangement or the Reaper's Friend potion. I had to start over with a new Death Flower plant. 

Message 15 of 56 (4,524 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My sim died from overheating ( it is an EA made sim from CL) I made ambrosia, he ate it, played the animation and nothing happened. Now I'm waiting on death flower to grow to try it again.

Message 16 of 56 (4,330 Views)

My sim is completely stuck as a ghost no matter which method I try.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Really need help with this...I’ve been trying everything and nothing is working. And to clarify. I’ve tried Ambrosia, wishing well, magic, and MC command center. Looked at a lot of forums but none are recent so I decided to start my own and hope for a reply Standard smile

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 17 of 56 (4,265 Views)

Re: My sim is completely stuck as a ghost no matter which method I try.

Hero
@xwrth Merged your post with the ambrosia thread. It's a bit older but still current.

There's also a thread for spellcasting: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-Necrocall-and-Dedeathify-not-working-properly/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 56 (4,238 Views)

Re: Ambrosia Not Working At All

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Do ambrosias from gallery work (on a living sim)? If it does, it has no age-reset effect for me on my sim. Please advice as in my post here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/Ambrosia-from-gallery/m-p/8609003#M20734
Message 19 of 56 (4,165 Views)

Re: Ambrosia Not Working At All

Hero
@HayesKerr Do you only have issues with it form the gallery or generally ?

I really can't tell cause it seems to work fine for some and not for others and I'm really unsure what the current status on it is

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 56 (4,163 Views)