[FIXED] Ambrosia Not Working At All

by HarryPotter4444

Original Post

Ambrosia not working

★ Novice

My sim is a witch. she was drinking the eternal life potion and she died. it said it would only last for 16 hours so I went and I played another Sim while I waited. When I went back to her she was a full ghost. I bought the youth potion and made ambrosia. She ate it flew up in the air for a second and then came back down and she was still a ghost. I was like maybe I did something wrong so I made it again got her to eat it she went up in the air came back down still a ghost. I thought maybe where it was Magic that killed her I needed magic to bring her back so I made another Sim and have them learn all the Untamed to Magic and all the Untamed spells. While I was waiting on him to do that  I  went to my game  and I clicked repair game  once everything re-downloaded  I got off of origin  and restarted my computer. once my computer came back up  I logged off of origin  then log back onto origin  and then open my game back up. I tried to make the ambrosia again  and didn't work so then I went to the wishing-well because I read somewhere that would work and it just gave me the ingredients to make another ambrosia so I try to make it again, same thing went up in the air came down nothing. so finally my guy learned the spell to bring a ghost back I went up to her I tried it nothing. And now I'm afraid she'll be dead forever please please help

Message 41 of 56 (1,361 Views)

Re: Ambrosia not working

★ Novice
Traits.remove_trait trait_Ghost_Cauldron_Potion_Immortality_Failure

Thank you EuphoriaQueen they r the one who found out how to fix my problem
Message 42 of 56 (1,337 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Ambrosia Not Working At All

★★★★ Expert

Just tried it. Ambrosia is not working at all. Attempted it three times with and without mods.

It's not working at all.

Message 43 of 56 (1,258 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

It is 5/14/21 and Ambrosia isn't working with or without mods installed. I also tried with MCCC and they resurrect only for the Grim reaper to kill them less than 30 seconds later. I am beyond frustrated and tired of going through hundreds of threads in different places trying to find a solution. Why can't EA fix the issue with resurrection already? Ugh. My sim died of old age because I already know someone is going to ask; they are a regular sim not occult. 

Message 44 of 56 (1,164 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@latricenl  Check your Sim's age bar.  You might need to feed them another Potion of Youth.  (Ambrosia should reset their age bar, but this behavior sounds like maybe that isn't happening?)

You can also age them down with MCCC (and then give them a birthday cake if you want them to be an elder).

Message 45 of 56 (1,150 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here. Added the ghost to my household, ate Ambrosia sitting, and nothing happened as reported SEVEN YEARS AGO. Took the sim to a park lot with no chairs and the same thing - the age bar appears but the sim is still a ghost. 

The only way to resolve this was to download and install MCCC and remove "Ghost" as a trait. 

Sucks because I really wanted to do this the legit way, but in the meantime just assume ambrosia doesn't work and never will.

Message 46 of 56 (1,121 Views)

My Ghost Sim Won't Resurrect after eating ambrosia & has a can stuck inside them

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

my sim accidentally died after shaking the vending machine and it fell on them. i've tried getting the sim to eating ambrosia a few times now and nothing is happening and also there is a can stuck inside them. and i've reset the sim a couple of time and nothing is happening.

i have mods and there are up to date.

Message 47 of 56 (1,080 Views)

Re: My Ghost Sim Won't Resurrect after eating ambrosia & has a can stuck ins

Hero
@Sophieee09 I merged your post with the thread on Ambrosia not working at all.

Do you have a backup from before he died you can try ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 48 of 56 (1,042 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict no i dont have a backup
Message 49 of 56 (1,032 Views)

Hero
@Sophieee09 There's a few suggestions in this thread you can try. Other than that, I'm not sure what else you can try, unfortunately.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 50 of 56 (1,026 Views)