by MsShaSha

Original Post

Re: Ambrosia Not Working At All

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I don’t have enough skill to cook it myself 😅
Message 21 of 56 (2,687 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict if the bug didn’t exist, it should be able to work on a living sim right?
Message 22 of 56 (2,686 Views)

Hero
@HayesKerr I don't know. It seems so but there's not much point usually cause you need the potion of youth to create ambrosia so it's easier to just use the potion of youth instead.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 56 (2,661 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thanks for the info. Hope a patch will fix this. But then again, things may not be the same with the gallery
Message 24 of 56 (2,630 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict I am using Zero's TIme Lord mod and got the death by overheating as a temporary buff, but it did not go away and my Sim remained a ghost with death by overheating listed in her traits. Later I got another ghost buff (death by embarrassment) and the trait went away from my list. I worked to get the Ambrosia recipe to work in game without cheats and made the dish. The animations happened but my Sim was not resurrected. I was finally able to remove the "death by overheating" trait using the cheat I found in the threads here but Ambrosia did not work to remove the trait. Hope this can be fixed!
Message 25 of 56 (2,588 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Ambrosia Not Working At All

★★★ Novice

Hi! 2020 here, and ambrosia still isn't bringing sims back to life as it should... and it is not an easy dish to get your ghosty hands on for it to then not do what it should. Devil

Non-occult sim. Young adult, died from "Over heating". 
I have almost all packs (except for a few Stuff Packs I'm hoping go on sale some day). 
I do use the MC Command Center mod, but have tried Saving, backing up my game, removing the mod, going back in game to try again and having the same non-results. 

Sims Team, Please help!! 

Message 26 of 56 (2,491 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ATTENTION THIS WORKED FOR ME: 

Hi there, new to the forums, I actually was having the same exact issue as you, tried book of life Ghost sim couldn't read it, tried cooking and eating ambrosia sitting standing empty lot, had other sims cook it and nothingggggg. The only and I mean ONLY thing that worked and brought my sim back to life was the wishing well. So basically I would donate $5,000 and wish for life $1, the first, second, and third time it gave me ingredients to make ambrosia, I tried to cook it with ingredients provided and it still didn't work. I tried the wishing well again, same thing $5,000, wish for life $1, it began to transform me and I stayed a ghost so it failed again. On my last attempt with the wishing well same steps, it finally worked!!! Hope this helps you also!!! 

Message 27 of 56 (2,277 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@MsShaSha have you heard that the overheating death is the issue yet? - i found that only cheating away the death by overheating trait (or using a mod to fix the issue, atm) will help with this. I checked this after i ran into this issue (i.e. ambrosia not reviving sims properly) in relation to the ghost goo serum going wrong/taking it shortly before leaving work and the buff not expiring properly, which left my now ghostly scientist with the "death by overheating" trait, which can't be solved with ambrosia, apparently this was missed in the code along the way and has yet to be fixed.
Message 28 of 56 (2,240 Views)

Ambrosia Does Not Bring Sim Back to Life

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs, stuck packs: toddler, kid's, laundry, small living, backyard stuff, romantic garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have the ghost sim eat ambrosia. She doesn't come back to life.
What happens when the bug occurs? She doesn't come back to life.
What do you expect to see? Her no longer be a ghost.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

She was not sitting down when eating. She was not a vampire, alien, or any supernatural. She died by murphy bed.

Message 29 of 56 (2,245 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the exact same problem, I went to other locations to eat the ambrosia, and many other combinations of things but the way I got it to work is just by telling my sim to eat the ambrosia then just telling them to stand instead of sit and not touching anything after that. Once I did that it worked immediately, hopefully that helps 👍

Message 30 of 56 (2,181 Views)