Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Ambrosia Not Working At All

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Grimmie's Guitar, Holiday Celebration Pack, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Dine Out, and Outdoor Retreat.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create the Ambrosia dish and have a ghost sim eat it.
What happens when the bug occurs? After a ghost sim eats Ambrosia, the resurrect animation is animated but then the sim is, what it appears to happen, then reset. The sim is never resurrected and stays as a ghost.
What do you expect to see? I expect the Ambrosia dish to work as it was originally intended.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It seems all the bugs I have occurred after the recent patch that I downloaded on November 13th. I have never installed nor have I ever used any Mods for this game. I currently have no additional details. If you need my computer specs, please let me know.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 56 (25,086 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ambrosia Not Working At All

Hero

Ghosts can now eat Ambrosia and become regular Sims again! Isn’t this the plot of a movie about a friendly ghost? Sounds familiar.

Fixed in Patch 1.82.99/1.50

I'm not sure if this covers all the broken issues. There's been some death types that didn't work or if you used ambrosia while sitting down.

If you still see this, please give as much details in the new thread as possible.

• Age Group
  • Occultism
  • Was the Sim standing or sitting
  • What did the Sim die of

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 56 of 56 (18,933 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Was your Sim a Vampire before he died ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 56 (24,976 Views)

★ Guide

Make sure your sim isn't sitting down as they eat the Ambrosia, that can affect the outcome.

Message 3 of 56 (24,965 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrict I don't have that pack. @Nakashimafied I did make sure that my sims weren't sitting. In fact, I made it to where we went to an empty lot and had them eat it.

Message 4 of 56 (24,950 Views)

★★★★ Guide

this ones been happening for a while now I had it happen in my game two months ago I think

anyway it was around before this patch  also I had a sim look normal after eating it  but he was still a ghost he was even floating

I've also had it do nothing as well

Message 5 of 56 (24,940 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

This issue seems to be escalating

Up to know I only had reports for Vampires 

And also, just to be sure, it's also regular Sims and not maybe an Alien ?

@comicsforever was it always for all Sims for you ?

It also doesn't work for animals

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 56 (24,923 Views)

★★★★ Guide

yes always

Message 7 of 56 (24,905 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict It is my regular sims and I haven't tried it on Alien sims nor animal sims.

Message 8 of 56 (24,889 Views)

Hero
I've added this but would be good if anyone with this issue could post as much info as possible

Be aware that it never worked if you use it while you're seated.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 56 (24,862 Views)

★★★★ Guide

here's a YouTube video of the normal looking ghost bug like the one in my game https://youtu.be/ROdVHB6clWQ

it's at 7;50

Message 10 of 56 (24,809 Views)