Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Alexander Goth only has 3 eyebrow colors in CAS

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Outdoor Retreat and Spooky Day Stuff (or Island Living since it's not released yet)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into the Goth Household. Alexander will have black eyebrows. Edit him or any other household member through a mirror, dresser, or shift-click>modify sim. Alexander's eyebrows will turn brown and he will only have three color options for them. Note that this does NOT effect new child sims created in Create A Sim, or all established children (for instance, Olivia Kim-Lewis and the Munch kid got to keep their eyebrow colors and full range of color swatches). I did not check every household.
What happens when the bug occurs? Alexander loses his black eyebrows and cannot get them back. Only has 3 options to choose from
What do you expect to see? Alexander should get to prove that he's a natural born goth, no artificial dyes or preservatives needed. But he should also get the full range of eyebrow color options to broodily deny.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It had to be after the June or April 2019 patches. I edited the Goth household in another save just before that patch and that Alexander still has black eyebrows but will lose them if I try to edit them again.

Alexander with his definitely black eyebrows: x

Alexander in CAS with brown eyebrows and 3 swatches: x

Mods have been off since the April patch.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 12 (3,381 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Alexander Goth only has 3 eyebrow colors in CAS

★★★★ Guide

This is fixed now I think? I can now select all eyebrow colors for Alexander Goth, including the new colors they added in the latest patch.

View in thread

Message 11 of 12 (1,819 Views)

All Replies

Re: Alexander Goth only has 3 eyebrow colors in CAS

★ Novice

Same here! I can't change his eyebrow color away from three. Using the "Match Hair" function, doesn't fix it either, since there are only 3 color options (It only works if the hair is one of those three colors)

Free the eyebrow!

Message 2 of 12 (3,323 Views)

Only 3 eyebrow colors for Alexander Goth

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hi,

The children get only 3 colors for the eyebrows but the toddlers get 9 colors. 

mdst4qnhda7p.jpg

Message 3 of 12 (3,282 Views)

Re: Only 3 eyebrow colors for Child

★★ Guide
Note: I've got this issue with Alexander Goth but there is no issue with Olivia Kim-Lewis even if she become a boy.
Message 4 of 12 (3,274 Views)

★ Guide

Same with me--so far only Alexander has the issue. I mentioned Olivia as another EA made sim who was not effected.

Message 5 of 12 (3,255 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

I think Alexander might have been created using an asset that wasn’t finished or something, if you change his eyebrows to any of the presets you can make them black.

Message 6 of 12 (3,219 Views)

★ Guide

Ooh, I see what you mean, @ValiantRedKnight. If you look at my original image of him in CAS, you can also see that none of the eyebrows are highlighted, showing he's not using any of the presets (and his eyebrows don't really look like any of those images). If you click on one of the others, you can then switch to black. However, I do have a save file with Alexander with his original eyebrows still in black, so it must be a hidden/partiallydeleted asset? Regardless, thanks for the workaround. I didn't try clicking on the other eyebrows, and I'm glad I can finally change their outfits, even if I prefer his old eyebrows.

Message 7 of 12 (3,203 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Alexander Goth only has 3 eyebrow colors in CAS

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (3,160 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Alexander Goth only has 3 eyebrow colors in CAS

★★ Guide

I had this problem with a random townie child. I fixed it by clicking one of the preset faces. After setting the child's face to one of the pre-made faces, I then could change to all available eyebrow colors

Message 9 of 12 (3,116 Views)

cmMakeupEyebrows_ArchedThick have three colors only

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. open premade Goth family in the CAS; 2. select Alexander and click on his eyebrows.
What happens when the bug occurs? Only 3 colors available for this eyebrows: brown, auburn and dirty blonde. Thumbnail icon don't showing in the CAS. (see attached cas-cmbrows-archedthick.png)
What do you expect to see? I'm expect to see all 9 colors and thumbnail icon.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Other colors are tagged as for babies. (see attached s4s-cmbrows-archedthick.png)

Message 10 of 12 (590 Views)