[BY DESIGN] Age groups start with random days added from CAS/Gallery

by IrisGottaBelieve

Original Post

Sims start with age bar slightly full when starting a new game

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By starting a new game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I start a new game, my sims seem to be starting off the game with a their age bar slightly progressed. I use the mod MCCC. I have uninstalled the mod to see if it's still the same and it is. I have also uninstalled the sims and reinstalled and repaired the game to no avail with mods uninstalled. It only affects new saves and not old saves and townies are affected by it too.
What do you expect to see? That my sims will start the game without half their lifestate age bar half gone or slightly gone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was fine after the Get Famous hot-fix patch but seemed to have broke again after the December 2018 Holiday Patch. I've had this bug since.

Attached a brand new save file just started to show the bug.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 71 of 111 (877 Views)

Re: Sims start with age bar slightly full when starting a new game

Hero

HI @bellalover837 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 72 of 111 (873 Views)

Re: Sims start with age bar slightly full when starting a new game

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@bellalover837 : There are two issues there. The fatal "Everyone Ages via CAS" bug has been fixed by that hotfix you mentioned, but the "Newly-Made Sims in CAS have Random Aging" is still around. Whether that's By Design has yet to be truly confirmed or denied officially.

If you don't mind Mods, Scarlet has a fix for the latter. (Google "CAS Aging Fix".) MCCC also recently added the ability to disable random new Sim aging too, actually.

Message 73 of 111 (862 Views)

my sims 4 family is in a random order

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except StrangerVille and Vampires game packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Occurs direct from Create-A-Sim and household library.
What happens when the bug occurs? In create-a-sim, I created a household that was was created to be: Sim 1 (Adult); Sim 2 (Adult); Sim 3 (Toddler); Sim 4 (Toddler); Sim 5 (Toddler); Sim 6 (Toddler); Pet 1; Pet 2. However, the household in the game appeared in the following gameplay order: Sim 2; Sim 1; Sim 3; Sim 6; Sim 4; Sim 5; Pet 1; Pet 2.
What do you expect to see? The household was intended to be: Sim 1 (Adult); Sim 2 (Adult); Sim 3 (Toddler); Sim 4 (Toddler); Sim 5 (Toddler); Sim 6 (Toddler); Pet 1; Pet 2.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

In create-a-sim, I created a household that was was created to be: Sim 1 (Adult); Sim 2 (Adult); Sim 3 (Toddler); Sim 4 (Toddler); Sim 5 (Toddler); Sim 6 (Toddler); Pet 1; Pet 2.

However, the household in the game appeared in the following gameplay order: Sim 2; Sim 1; Sim 3; Sim 6; Sim 4; Sim 5; Pet 1; Pet 2.

The household was intended to be: Sim 1 (Adult); Sim 2 (Adult); Sim 3 (Toddler); Sim 4 (Toddler); Sim 5 (Toddler); Sim 6 (Toddler); Pet 1; Pet 2.

Message 74 of 111 (832 Views)

Re: my sims 4 family is in a random order

[ Edited ]
Hero

HI @jonnydnicholson 

the order is sorted by age. Could you check on their age bar ? If adult 2 is older than adult 1, it will be in the list first.

I'm guessing this is because of this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Age-groups-start-with-random-days-added/m-p/7189326#M7732...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 75 of 111 (819 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Age groups start with random days added

Message 76 of 111 (778 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

"HI @jonnydnicholson 

the order is sorted by age. Could you check on their age bar ? If adult 2 is older than adult 1, it will be in the list first.

I'm guessing this is because of this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Age-groups-start-with-random-days-added/m-p/7189326#M7732..."

Hi @crinrict, thanks for the link. Yes, that is a lot more helpful at explaining my situation.

The age bars do differentiate, but like I say, its that the sims don't appear in Live Mode in the order created in Create-A-Sim... Although, I now realise that it could be because I spend different amounts of time on creating each of my sims. However, I thought I spent less time on Sim 3 than I did on Sim 5.

The ages are less important to me as I've turned auto-age off although I do see that Sim 2 is older than Sim 1, so I understand the logic of what you were saying...

Thanks again for your help, though.

Happy gaming!

jdn

Message 77 of 111 (780 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

That's probably because the random age gets added after you leave CAS but not every Sims gets the same amount. So if Sim B had more days added then Sims A, they will switch order.

When you take them back to CAS now, what's the order ?

You can try using a potion or other means to reset the age for Sim B to the beginning and he should switch back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 78 of 111 (778 Views)

Re: Aging sim afther cas bug

★★★ Apprentice

Ah, just tried this for my issue (for my issue, click this link).

This solution is not ideal, but yeah, I feel better for seeing and trying this. I reckon I can use this (with the satisfaction points cheat to buy the potion) now until there's a patch update which corrects the bug.

Thanks and happy gaming!

jdn

Message 79 of 111 (766 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi Crin,

Yeah, I get what you're saying. Anyway, I was reading the forum (I've just posted) you suggested and found a workable solution until the patches/updates have caught up. I'm not comfortable downloading mods and using unknown publisher's work... Not that a lot of people who make The Sims 4 mods will have much if any malice, but I'm paranoid about being the one that downloads the wrong (fake) mod that screws up my game if not my computer Wink.

Anyway, thanks again. You've been helpful.

jdn

Message 80 of 111 (772 Views)