[BY DESIGN] Age groups start with random days added from CAS/Gallery

by IrisGottaBelieve

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Age groups start with random days added

★★ Apprentice

I have this bug as well. I'm a SimLit writer, and keep the ages of my Sims written down as I play so that I can better track as I'm writing. I went in to CAS to create new characters for the world, and when I went back to the one family that I'm actively playing in this story, there were two days(!!) between the Toddler twins, and the Adult mom had a full green bar with more than a hundred days over the age span I set for her (I use MCCC and play on Long with adjusted ages). The two Children and the one Teen were just a day off from where they should've been according to my notes. 

I didn't do anything in CAS with the active family, but somehow they came up with their aging all messed up. I'm going to check the rest of my families and see if they're having this issue as well.

Message 61 of 111 (1,017 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Age thing happened to me last night (after the Feb. update) with the previous household I was playing during the update. My settings have been aging off, but I will turn aging on for the current household (not all current played or for the NPC world) for a small bit while I'm playing so my sims age at about the same rate. I had initially decided to work it in to the story, but may have to reverse progress depending on if the childhood skills/earned traits transferred.
Message 62 of 111 (1,010 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Since you are using MCCC, I guess even that doesn't stop it anymore? Well.. shoot. 
Hopefully it gets fixed... Been quite long already. 

Message 63 of 111 (992 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Yeah, unfortunately it looks like MCCC can't even stop this bug. I'm going to look at ScarletQueenKat's mod and see if that'll help, but geez, this bug is brutal!
Message 64 of 111 (963 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It definitely used to help - it was the only thing that did in November (yeah.. the glitch goes back to november, sadly) and it still worked at te start of january as well. 

Let me know if this one helps, please? Thank you!

Message 65 of 111 (946 Views)

I use that mod since the November shenanigans and it works perfectly. Standard smile

Message 66 of 111 (926 Views)

★★ Pro

The next version of MC Command Center that's in testing right now includes an option to disable random aging, the same as Scarlet's mod. I'm using the preview version of MC Command Center with this option right now and it works. So, once it's released to the public, Scarlet's mod won't be needed if you use MC Command Center.

Message 67 of 111 (905 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you guys. 
Glad MCCC is getting that option. Standard smile 
It's kinda sad we have to use mods to fix this. But at least it's something. 

Message 68 of 111 (860 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I would like to update my game to the most recent patch (February 4th or 5th), but I'm worried that the CAS aging bug will occur. This aging bug has come up again with the new patch?

Message 69 of 111 (795 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

No, it's been there since November. And it's if you make a new sim, they start up with random days till aging up (not 96 - if you're playing on long) and it happens with sims who even age up via cake... and such... so if you don't have that i guess you are fine? 

Message 70 of 111 (708 Views)