[FIXED] Adult sim not pick toddler in high chair to be feed

by LeiaMaria97

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Adult sim not pick toddler in high chair to be feed

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I don't have the Werewolves or High School packs, but I'm having the same issue. A household I've been playing in for a while has a toddler and a highchair. Used to work fine. Then, when they released the Werewolves pack, the highchair interactions mostly broke. The issue definitely started for me after Werewolves and before the July 26th patch and subsequent High School Years pack release.

My sims can't clean the highchair when it's dirty. You click on the option but it immediately cancels out. The only one who can clean it is the maid who comes and does it autonomously each day.

Give food and give drink doesn't work if the toddler isn't already in the highchair. Doesn't prompt the sim to put the food/drink there and then go get the toddler. Nothing happens. The only way I can get it to work is if I click on "put {toddler} here" and then once the toddler is in the chair, then I can get the give food and drink options to work.

Message 41 of 62 (809 Views)

Sims 4: toddlers

★★ Newbie

My sims refuse to care for their kids! I try to put them in the high chair to eat, but nothing happens and it cancels. I try and put them to sleep, and the same thing happens. I keep getting threats that my kids will be taken away (it's happened once but I didn't save it, so I was able to "go back in time" and get them back). It's annoying and it's now causing me stress every time I play. I see that this has been happening to many people and it's been going on for a while, do they ever plan on fixing this? 

Message 42 of 62 (832 Views)

★★★ Novice

After buying some packs (highschool, werevolves, vampire, magic) I have some issues whit the high chair too. 
If I click on it directly to let the kid get food, it does nothing. The only way to give the child food is via the refrigerator.. But after that, the child makes a mess and I can´t even clean the high chair, cause its always "in use" even if it isnt.... SO my sim complains how untidy it is.... goodness....
I can´t even let the child give food on the floor cause it says: "You need a high chair"

Message 43 of 62 (724 Views)

High chair give food not working

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series X
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Idk
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Mostly everything except some kits one or two packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a high chair. Go to give food. It doesn’t work.
What happens when the bug occurs? I press the high chair and press the give child food or give child drink. It doesn’t work at all. The action doesn’t register or anything. It only works if I press put child down. Then give food.
What do you expect to see? The options to work again. When I press give child food, it should give the child its food
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have a video but it didn’t let me upload it. I will send it to anyone personally.

Message 44 of 62 (696 Views)

[NEW]Sims 4 Toddlers cant be Tucked in by Adult or Given Food.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.205.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, City Living, Discover University, Get Famous, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Laundry Day Stuff, Desert Luxe Kit, and Holiday Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an Adult Sim, have a Toddler, have a high chair, click on the high chair, select "Give food to [Toddler Sim's name]" or "Give Drink to [Toddler Sim's Name]". Updated (9/16/22) Information: Alternatively, have both an adult sim and a toddler sim, and a toddler bed. Have the toddler try to have the adult put them (the toddler) to bed, or Read to bed.
What happens when the bug occurs? After selecting the option I find that the bug causes the "Action bubble" to never show up in the queue to be played out by the adult sim asking the toddler sim if they would like food. They aren't placed in the High chair at all. Updated (9/16/22) Information: After selecting the option that normally initiates conversation, nothing happens, there are no action bubbles in the action cue for either sim.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the Adult sim ask the Toddler sim if they would like food or a drink and then pick them up and put them in the selected high chair and give them food. Updated (9/16/22) Information: I normally expect conversation between the two along with an action bubble that pops up in both Sims' queues.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So something I may add is that I do have CC/Mods, BUT I have already gone through and removed them despite it not working whatsoever, no matter my efforts. I've already tried to see if it was an issue with the game files and repaired them, but the bug is unfortunately still there, I relaunched the game and the same thing occurred. Yes, Toddlers asking the adults for food still works, but for challenges that only allow the player to select and play as one sim, it does get a little difficult and more tedious without the high chair. Thank you.

UPDATE (9/16/22): Alternatively, the toddler sims won't ask for bed interactions (Such as "Read to sleep", "Nighty night", etc) with the parents, they will not show up in the action cue. The bug report list has been updated with this new information. It works for the parents to put the child to sleep for now.

Message 45 of 62 (635 Views)

Re: [NEW]Sims 4 Toddlers cant be Tucked in by Adult or Given Food.

★★★★★ Novice

Happens to me too! So annoying Frown

Message 46 of 62 (604 Views)

★★★★ Novice

In my case, I have a household with 2 toddlers. When I clicked on a high chair (base game) and select give food to, a window to select which toddler to feed popped-up and worked, but not the food selection window. My adult sim did pick up the correct toddler and set him on the high chair, and then served cheese crackers. I don't know if cheese crackers is randomly selected or first on the list. After the toddler is seated I could click on the high chair again and select "drinks". The drink selection window worked. I repeated this on the second toddler on a different base game high chair in a different room and had the same result.

I have all expansion and game packs except for Werewolves and High School Years. This particular experiment was done in Tartosa with 2 toddler and 2 adults household. I did have mods and cc but I have removed all mods and cc, repaired my game and deleted caches before I did this experiment. Also (I don't know if this is related or not), I did have a problem with one of the adults: he was a mermaid (I downloaded him from the Gallery). Through regular gameplay, i tried to change him back to human. He seems to turn into human (CAS setting told me that he is human) but instead of Hygiene need, he still have Hydration.

Hope this helps.

Message 47 of 62 (577 Views)

Re: [NEW]Sims 4 Toddlers cant be Tucked in by Adult or Given Food.

★★★★ Apprentice

I've also Me Too'ed this topic.

I'm currently in the process of playing through a 7 toddler challenge.  Which as you can imagine is somewhat annoying with high chairs not working correctly.

Message 48 of 62 (501 Views)

Can't feed toddlers from high chair

★★★ Novice

Hey,

So I recently noticed this issue I didn't have before : now when I click on a high chair and select "feed [toddler]", nothing happens, the task doesn't even show up as well as the window that lets you pick the food . There's 3 other ways I can feed toddlers, but they're less practical : 

- Selecting the toddler as an adult, go under toddler care and then select "feed". Not only this is a bit longer to do, but you also can't choose the food you're gonna give to the toddler.

- Selecting an adult as the toddler and ask for food, same issue as above.

- Have an adult put the toddler in the high chair, and then when I click on that chair I can actually select the food n stuff, but it's not practical either. 

I liked being able to feed toddlers from the chair, was easier to do. Why doesn't it work anymore? 

Thanks in advance.

Message 49 of 62 (473 Views)

★★ Novice

roduct: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.92.145.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Paranormal and Wedding Stories
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on a high chair and select "grab food/drink for: [insert toddler name]"
What happens when the bug occurs? The adult sim will look around and shake their head like they do when they can't do something. No matter where the high chair is it never works. They are also obsessed with putting the toddler in and out of the high chair. 
What do you expect to see? Have the adult sim pick up the toddler, place them in the high chair, get the food/drink, and place it on the high chair for the toddler.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never had any..
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I noticed it after Werewolves came out but it could have been happening beforehand.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Werewolves pre-pack update

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_RQNs3Vx7uRzj5V9hGYyvRNKJHJ9cc0j/view?usp=share_link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zV_eH5KbLPdF351bryLPzAlRucme6dS0/view?usp=share_link

Message 50 of 62 (435 Views)