[FIXED] Adult sim not pick toddler in high chair to be feed

by LeiaMaria97

Original Post

Re: Adult sim not pick toddler in high chair to be feed

★ Apprentice

Oh, at least put (name) here option on high chair then give food is working. I think deal with it or not use the high chairs. Hopeful it will be fix, if anyone else has this problem. Thank you. 

Message 11 of 62 (941 Views)

★★ Novice

I put it in inventory and then put it back, but I will try moving the chair. My Sims aren't happy with it being dirty all the time.

Message 12 of 62 (782 Views)

★★ Novice

I didn't post a video, not sure how it was linked to my post.

Message 13 of 62 (781 Views)

★★ Novice

thank you for posting video! that's my problem too!

Message 14 of 62 (778 Views)

Unable to use Highchair placed correctly in game.

★★★★★ Novice

My Sims will not feed their toddler in the highchair. It's as if it does not exist. I have tried moving it to different locations but that does not help the situation. The only way to feed  the todldler is to let them grab a plate of food off the counter or use the fillmotive cheat. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 15 of 62 (835 Views)

Re: Unable to use Highchair placed correctly in game.

Hero
@mysticfairy1 Which option are you using ? Did you try putting them in the high chair first, then feed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 62 (815 Views)

Champion

@mysticfairy1   Hello!  I wonder if you're having the same issue I'm having.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Grab-Serving-For-Toddler-Isn-t-Working-Highchair-and/td-p...

Basically, if my sims cook a meal, they get a routing failure when they "grab a serving" for the toddler, whether they're in the high chair or not.  The sim then puts the plate down and I found that once I have a serving available, I can drag it to the high chair and then direct the toddler to eat it.  I can also click on the high chair and use the option to "give food" but then it's limited to things like cereal, ham and cheese sandwich, peanut butter and jelly, animal crackers, etc.

As a workaround, I started having the adult / teen sims "pick up a serving" from the meal which puts the plate into their inventory.  I usually have them pick up several servings and then drag them to the fridge.  Then, when it's time to feed the toddler, I click on the fridge to "open" and drag a plate to the high chair. 

I do hope that this will be fixed some day.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 17 of 62 (792 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes I tried the Give Food and the Place Christopher in options. Completely ignored the chair. This bug just started For Me when the new Werewolves pack was introduced. Could the new pack have anything to do with it?

Message 18 of 62 (775 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@JonaO703 I can not get them notice the chair at all. I'm stuck with just the option of feeding the toddler by having them grab a plate of food off the counter or the fillmotive. Adults will not place the toddler in the chair nor give them food in any way shape nor form in the chair.
Thank you for your help. I really really appreciate it!
Message 19 of 62 (773 Views)

Hero
@mysticfairy1 Does sound like the same like the new bug report on high chairs.

I merged your post.

I've been unable to replicate the put in chair not working but I can see the other two.

For me it also works if the toddler ask. Did you try that. ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 62 (754 Views)