by MadameNordica

Original Post

Re: Can not select food for my toddlers

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Lunar_S0uls repairing my game did not fix it either
Message 31 of 62 (632 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Adult sim not pick toddler in high chair to be feed

★★★★ Apprentice

I am having this problem too, on high chairs that I have always been able to use this interaction on.  The high chairs are still in the same locations as always, and nothing new has been added to the room.  There has never been a routing problem with their position before.  Problem started after the most recent patch.

Problem occurs like this:

-Click on empty high chair and choose "give food..."

-Choose which toddler you want to give food to

-And then.... nothing.

Normally the interaction would take you to the second step where you get to choose which food to give the toddler.  And then the sim you have active would put the food on the high chair tray and then go get the toddler.  But now, after choosing the toddler, the food menu doesn't come up, and nothing further happens.  The action does not appear in the sim's queue at all.

It does not appear to be a routing issue.  It appears to be an issue with the second step of the process (opening the food menu) failing to happen.

Message 32 of 62 (584 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Adult sim not pick toddler in high chair to be feed

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having this same issue and it is causing issues when I have multiple children and am trying to tackle their needs.

Message 33 of 62 (580 Views)

Re: Adult sim not pick toddler in high chair to be feed

★★★ Guide

Does anyone know if there's a thread for the 'give food' option when you click on the highchair not working? this was working b4 werewolves, and now it's not. I hope they'll fix this along with the grab a serving for option.

Message 34 of 62 (568 Views)

Hero
@MadameNordica There's several issues with high chairs but yours sounds like this one you posted in ?

Is it not what OP describes what you're seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 62 (546 Views)

Sims can't give Toddlers food or drink via the High Chair

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Werewolves, My Wedding Stories, Dream Home Decorator, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying to give a toddler food or drink by clicking the high chair.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims do not give the food or drink. Seems like the action never even queues no matter how much trying.
What do you expect to see? The food and/or drink to be given to the toddler who is placed in the high chair.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have played with mods and custom content before on an old device. Playing through Origin, I'm playing on a new device where I have never installed mods or custom content, and I haven't transferred any of my old Saves over to this device.

Message 36 of 62 (528 Views)

Re: Sims can't give Toddlers food or drink via the High Chair

★ Guide
@SimmerStar4 I have found that I can feed the toddler by:
- Having the toddler perform the Ask For Food interaction with one of his parents
- Pulling food out of the fridge onto the floor and getting the toddler to grab a serving
- One of his parents going to the fridge and using the Grab Food For interaction

The only successful high chair interactions are the ones to clean the high chair.
Message 37 of 62 (512 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having this same exact problem, I created a new save without any custom content, and it just has an adult sim and a toddler. The only thing placed on the lot is a high chair and when I click "Give food" nothing happens, nothing is added to the taskbar. This has been happening since the werewolves prerelease patch.

Message 38 of 62 (479 Views)

Highchair "Give Food/Drink to..." menu not appearing

★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Cottage Living, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work   GP: Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat        SP:  Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, & Holiday Celebration (no kits)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place any toddler's high chair with a toddler in the household and click "Give Food to (toddler) " or "Give Drink to (toddler)"
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing happens.  Nothing is queued, no UI to select the food pops up, no error message from the sim.
What do you expect to see? A menu to select the food or drink to give to the toddler in the high chair.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I did, but I turned them off and this bug still occurs.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch for High School Years (the emergency fix as well)

I believe this issue occurred with the new patch, but let it be known that I did not play with toddlers for a while beforehand.  This issue is still present 100% of the time with CC and Mods disabled.

Message 39 of 62 (477 Views)

Clicking "give food/give drink" on highchair queues nothing

★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Cats and Dogs, Discover University, Seasons, Island Living, City Living, Get Famous; GP:Dine Out, Parenthood, Spa Day; SP: Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Toddler, Vintage Glamour, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, and then I have the free holiday pack and the free guitar pack thing
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click "Give food/Give Drink" when clicking on a highchair with a toddler in the household
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing happens, No food/drink menu is brought up, nothing is queued in taskbar.
What do you expect to see? I expect to select food/drink to give to child and "put in highchair" added to the taskbar.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started happening after the pre werewolves pack patch. I believe this is the 6/14/2022 patch update.

So currently I can choose "Put here" on the highchair to get my toddler to sit and then give food/drink, but "Give food/Give Drink" directly will not work and does not queue up anything.

Message 40 of 62 (479 Views)