Re: After update, I cannot give serving to toddler in high chair

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Re: Adult sim not pick toddler in high chair to be feed

★★★ Apprentice

I'm so happy you created this topic I thought I was going crazy!!

I'm having the same problem. Removed mods to see if it was causing the problem but it bugs the same way without mods.

I have the vanilla safe file but idk how to upload it...

Message 21 of 62 (1,512 Views)

Give food option bug to toddlers

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All...don't judge me.. lol
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? placing toddler in high chair to feed
What happens when the bug occurs? Normally when you'd click on a highchair, you had the option of Give food, which would automatically put the toddler in the highchair, and allow the sim to pick a food to give. Something has changed to where "friendly introduction" only gives like 21 pts into friendship, however the option to "give food" is still available to click, yet does nothing. If I click "Put Down", then "Give food", it works.
What do you expect to see? When clicking "Give food", the toddler is picked up, placed in highchair and given food (when relationship numbers warrant).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Normally when you'd click on a highchair, you had the option of Give food, which would automatically put the toddler in the highchair, and allow the sim to pick a food to give. Something has changed. Normally "Friendly introduction" or "funny" will automatically put the relationship to about 45 percent / points. Now, it only seems to go to about 21 percent / points, but either way,  the option to "give food" is still available to click, yet does nothing. If I click "Put Down", then "Give food", it works.

Message 22 of 62 (1,563 Views)

High chair issue

★★★ Newbie

My high chairs are not working.

I can put the Toddler in it and my sims give them food as well but if I click on give food or give drink to (Toddlers' name) a menu is supposed to pop up and it's not working for me from Thursday.

Message 23 of 62 (1,510 Views)

Re: High chair issue

[ Edited ]
Hero

How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? n/a
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? n/a
What happens when the bug occurs? n/a
What do you expect to see? n/a
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

@fvjpylou34yf There's some lags for certain menus. Have you tried waiting a bit ?

There's also a few high chair issues but haven't seen this one being reported so are you using mods ?

Merging this thread as it does sounds the same as the usual bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 62 (1,494 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? -
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? -
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? -
What happens when the bug occurs? -
What do you expect to see? -
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

@BeeMan0312 I had this problem too and used [Removed by CM]

Message 25 of 62 (1,468 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Cowplant-Snacks Thank you so much for sharing this!
Message 26 of 62 (1,440 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Cowplant-Snacks please do not share links to third-party software on AHQ.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 27 of 62 (1,435 Views)

Re: High chair issue

★ Novice

I have this problem as well. I do use mods but I disabled them and the issue still remains. Nothing happens when I click on the high chair options. I also tried different high chairs. What I did find is that if you place the toddler in the high chair and then use the fridge to get them food it works. 

Message 28 of 62 (1,432 Views)

Give Food and Give Drink interactions on empty high chair don't work

[ Edited ]
Champion

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a household with a toddler and at least a teen and above aged sim. Have the teen/adult click on an EMPTY high chair and choose either "Give food to (toddler name)" or "Give drink to (toddler name)".
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing happens after clicking the interactions.
What do you expect to see? When clicking on Give Food or Give Drink on an empty chair, a food/drink menu pop-up should appear. After the food or drink has been selected, the sim should then route to the toddler and then pick them up, put them in the empty chair and serve the item.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Started happening since the Werewolves pre-launch patch update 1.89.214.1030.

This bug seems to happen if you click on an empty high chair and try to use the Give Food or Give Drink options.

If a toddler is already in the high chair, an alternative interaction takes their place, which seems to be working. Or if you initiate food or drink requests from a toddler or fridge, those versions of the interaction seem to work, so that's the way you can work around the issue without cheats or mods.

It seems to be related to a global test in the tuning which these two interactions use, that doesn't seem to be working any more?

<V t="has_free_part">
      <U n="has_free_part">
        <T n="part_definition">139218<!--part_Surface_Seat_ToddlerHighChair--></T>
        <V n="tooltip" t="enabled">
          <T n="enabled">0x194C560C<!--{1.ObjectName} in Use.--></T>
        </V>
      </U>
    </V>

That seems to be a test used to check whether or not a toddler is sitting in the chair. Looks like there's nothing wrong with it, but it must be failing while running since the Werewolves patch update.

This same test is used in the interaction to clean a dirty high chair, which is also not working. The bug thread for that is: High Chair Can't Be Cleaned - so they seem to have the same root cause.

If you're on PC/Mac and don't mind using mods, I've created a fix mod. Or there's also one by LittleMsSam in the Common Game Fixing Mods - Hero Approved thread.

Message 29 of 62 (1,459 Views)

Can not select food for my toddlers

★★★★★ Apprentice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Batuu & some kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click "give food to" on a high chair (I have a pair of twins, idk if multiple Toddlers matter)
What happens when the bug occurs? I get to select which twin i want to give the food but do not get the select food menu at all & the adults/teens also dont give them a random food instead.
What do you expect to see? I expect the list of Toddler menus to pop up
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I had bought My Wedding Stories. I had also downloaded a few mods- but after taking my entire mods folder out and deleting the cache I assume it isnt related as the bug still occurs

I assumed it would relate to some high chair overhaul/fix or custom food mods, but that does not seem to be the case

Message 30 of 62 (1,372 Views)