Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Adult sim not pick toddler in high chair to be feed

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number?  1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? trying to feed a toddler from high chair with a Adult sim but it only pop the option to choose which toddler and didn't quened the action to pick the toddler up and put in high chair, also didn't pop the food menu.
What happens when the bug occurs? it only pop the option to choose which toddler and didn't quened the action to pick the toddler up and put in high chair, also didn't pop the food menu
What do you expect to see? Toddler to be feed and put in the high chair
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After release of The Werewolves pack.

I was trying to feed a toddler from high chair with Adult sim but it only pop the option to choose which toddler and didn't quened the action to pick up the toddler up and put in high chair, also didn't pop the food menu. but when i told the toddler to ask Adult sim, the action went thought 

Here is a Video, My User is LeiaMaria McIn and Adult not give food and put toddler in high chair

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 2 of 62 (7,901 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Adult sim not pick toddler in high chair to be feed

★★★★ Pro

I'm wondering if this was fixed today with the infant update? I have been able to successfully direct my sim to feed a toddler in a high chair a few times today and I also had the same toddler asked his parent to feed him in the high chair. I am playing in a new save with no mods/cc in my game. All packs but Menswear Kit (and obviously not Growing Together yet as it's not out).

Best regards,

Jennifer

Game version PC 1.96.365.1030

View in thread

Message 60 of 62 (2,194 Views)

All Replies

Re: [OPEN] Grab Serving For Toddler Isn't Working (Highchair and otherwise)

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Parenthood, Toddlers, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on a high chair and select "grab food for: [insert toddler name]"
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. No routing failure, no cancelling action, just as if I never clicked that.
What do you expect to see? High chairs should function properly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Werewolves pre-pack update

I want to say sorry if interactions names don't match, as I am unable to play in English (not a bug). At first I thought it was only an issue with the "Mega" high chair, but further testing proved it's an issue with all basegame high chairs. From what I gathered and tested on another save, the only way to not make the toddler go hungry is either:

- Initiate the food interaction with toddler to one of the parents ("Food", "Food, please" or "Ask for food")
- Initiate the food interaction with one of the parents to toddler ("Grab serving for [toddler]")
Haven't tested this yet but possibly:
- Grab food portion from the fridge, put it on high chair, put toddler in high chair and select it to eat the non-toddler food.

I give a google drive link with my mod-free save and video of bug in action.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13skNV0Rub50GHlvO6s1OVzuR-o5_xci_/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cuFrtiCC5i4YZNPyqy8PjlbaY9gAGdfm/view?usp=sharing

Message 1 of 62 (7,564 Views)

Re: Adult sim not pick toddler in high chair to be feed

Hero
@LeiaMaria97 Did you try moving the high chair somewhere else ?

Your video requires permission. Could you make it public ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 62 (7,883 Views)

★ Apprentice

I tried buy other high chair and put it outside, but didn't change anything

Try the link again please. 

Message 4 of 62 (7,854 Views)

Hero
@LeiaMaria97 Still tells me I need permission.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 62 (7,850 Views)

★ Apprentice

Try this one, I upload OneDrive

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aq2_RMzmkOuhgR7m0pdOAM_cVew_ 

Message 6 of 62 (7,832 Views)

Hero
@LeiaMaria97 Can you check if you have the option for the mom to introduce herself to the toddler ? Is the high chair the only object you're having issues with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 62 (7,818 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'm also having this issue. The options of "give [name] food" "give [name] drink" and "put [name] here" all cancel out. There's no animation of the Sim shaking heads, etc as though they acknowledge the object and can't interact with it. I can replicate the error in a different save with a toddler. This happened for me with Kindermade Classic (in two saves) and the Fine Toddler Eatery (in the same save in two rooms, one of which I bought new to test the error.

I have only installed Werewolves since the last time a Sim successfully interacted with a high chair and have all content except Batuu, Wedding Stories, and some kits.

Edit: My Sim just independently put her toddler in the Kindermade successfully and fed him chips. I chose for her to Give Drink, then Let Out and both were successful. Therefore the placement of the high chair is not an issue.

Message 8 of 62 (7,783 Views)

★ Apprentice

they were already introduced to each other, All other objects and Toddler care menu worked

Just from High chair option to Give (name) food or Give (name) Drink that isn't working, tested put (name) here and give food in high chair worked

Message 9 of 62 (7,772 Views)

Hero
@LeiaMaria97 Did some more testing (I usually don't have a high chair because it's so broken). The put <blabla> works totally fine for me but I can duplicate the issue on give drink/food. I thought I'd tried that before but I must have just tested the put one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 62 (7,729 Views)