Re: Lost 5 million simeleons out of nowhere!

by WoomySammy

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Adding new sims to existing households resets household funds

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 101 (1,602 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrictShinyGeodude This happened to me when I added a dog to my household. I assumed at first that it was some kind of "Congratulations for getting a dog! Here's some extra funds." thing at first, but I guess not.
Message 12 of 101 (1,574 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Adding new sims to existing households resets household funds

★★★ Novice

This has happened to me to, I was trying to add a new dog into my household and it reset my household funds to 27,000 from 450,000. Took me weeks to get to there as well. 

Message 13 of 101 (1,526 Views)

Lost 5 million simeleons out of nowhere!

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you add a new household member from editing members in manage households
What happens when the bug occurs? I added a dog or two to the household, and then when I went back to play the household, it went from 5 million simeleons to 100,000 simeleons. All of my hard work by my sims is gone.
What do you expect to see? Containing the same amount of money unless I spent it on objects from build mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It happened after I downloaded the cats and dogs package

I don't know what happened! I added two dogs to my household, and most of my money disappeared like I spent ALL 5 million simeleons! Is there a way to get it back or can someone please explain why this happened?

Message 14 of 101 (1,548 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

First of all...OUCH. O_O

Second, reading your post, could it be related to this issue?:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Adding-new-sims-to-existing-households-resets-household/m...

Message 15 of 101 (1,536 Views)

★★ Novice
@StarryMight Yes thank you! But apparently there is no solution on that forum neither. Let's hope EA fixes this and makes a new update fixing this!
Message 16 of 101 (1,528 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@WoomySammy : You're welcome!

Message 17 of 101 (1,526 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Happened to me as well after I added dog to my housshold, but I had less than 22 000 simoleons so I actually gained from it, but it annoys me too, I hope this bug will be fixed very soon.

Message 18 of 101 (1,498 Views)

Hero
@WoomySammy I merged your post with the existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 101 (1,487 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

You can use a cheat to get the money back. That’s what I’ve been doing. After contol, alt, C pops up, type testingcheats true. Then use the cheat money X (x being whatever amount of money you want in your household funds, minus the commas- so if you want 5 mil you’d type money 5000000). I’ve been using that one a lot to adjust the funds whenever it glitches.

Message 20 of 101 (1,452 Views)