Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Adding new sims to existing households resets household fund

by adduapina

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Adding new sims/pets to existing households resets household funds

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything except Spooky Stuff and Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? -go to Manage Households -choose a household that is in a lot and has more than the starting amount of money. -edit that household. -create a new sim to add to that household. -load up that household's lot in Live mode. -that household's funds will be one of the starting amounts (it was $32,000 for me) instead of the amount it had before the sim was created.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you create a new sim to add to a current household, either with or without the story mode, that household's funds will reset to one of the possible starting amounts.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to create a new sim to add to an existing household without affecting that household's funds.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It happened after the latest patch.

One thing the new CAS story mode does is determines a household's starting funds. The problem is that now, when you create a new sim to add to a current household, either with or without the story mode, that household's funds will reset to one of the possible starting amounts.

Message 1 of 101 (8,333 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Transfer funds between households loses money

[ Edited ]
Hero

Adding a Sim to an existing household via the Create a Sim Stories feature will no longer subtract Simoleons from the household.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73  ... I do hope for all Sims .. 

Let me know if you still have issues.

Console thread for this issue is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-PS4-XB1-Household-funds-reset-after-adding-new-Sim...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 98 of 101 (6,442 Views)

All Replies

Re: creating new sims to add to existing households resets that household's fund

★★★★★ Novice

Same for me! It resets every single time and it is driving me crazy! I play a vanilla game, no mods or cc. 

Message 2 of 101 (8,254 Views)

Re: creating new sims to add to existing households resets that household's fund

★★★ Apprentice

I suppose a workaround would be to create that new sim in a new household, then merge them together. But that's not possible if you want the sim to be an immediate family member. Not only that, we shouldn't have to.

Message 3 of 101 (8,233 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@ShinyGeodude Agreed! I’ve been having to use the play with genetics feature to add children to my legacy house because the ones born to them in game look odd, and nothing like my sims. (I don’t know if this is because I’ve been adding gallery sims to my household as the spouses to my legacy sims or not) So creating a new sim and then adding them isnt really an option for me since I’m playing legacy and need genetic offspring. Besides, if you create just one and then merge them together the funds get messed up that way too. I really hope they fix this glitch soon! It’s really messed up my game since I don’t know how much funds I had the first and second times it glitched. For now I’ll just have to mark down how much they have before using cas, and then use the money cheat to fix the glitch afterwards, but that’s still frustrating.
Message 4 of 101 (8,226 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Oh, I didn't know it still happened even with merged households. I hadn't actually tried it but assumed it would be a legit workaround. I guess not.

Yeah, you'd think something like this would've been caught in their testing before they released the expansion...if they actually did any testing.

Message 5 of 101 (8,221 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@87Christichicc05 : Off-topic, but are any of the Sims in your legacy occults (i.e. aliens, vampires, mermaids)? Occult genetics are currently broken outside of CAS (most reports are for mermaids, but there are reports for vampires and now aliens, too): 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-IL-Mermaid-genetics-dont-work/m-p/7966766#M93291

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-V-Vampire-genetics-don-t-work/m-p/7978257#M94754

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-GTW-Alien-genetics-don-t-work/m-p/8030378#M97690

Message 6 of 101 (8,204 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@StarryMight Yes, I’ve got mermaids. That would explain why it hasn’t been working right! I tried looking it up when it started happening, but couldn’t find anyone else having genetics issues with them when I googled it.
Message 7 of 101 (8,176 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Adding new sims to existing households resets household fund

★★★ Guide

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a played household with high funds. Add a sim via story. See how the story-sims funds overrun the household funds.
What happens when the bug occurs? So the family that used to have say 100k simoleons now has only 20k. It happens also the other way around (eg. the household funds are 5k -> 20k after a sim is created with story mode and added to the household im CAS) but the issue is losing the money if you add a sim through story. So if my family won the lottery and have 1,000,000 simoleons they lose it all if I go in CAS and add a household member via story.
What do you expect to see? The rich sims still having their money after adding a new sim via story.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch, July 16th 2019, where the story mode was introduced.

Computer specs: Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

2 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

And no, no occults in my game, so it's something different from that bug.

Message 8 of 101 (8,145 Views)

★ Guide

Same happens to me when I add a new Sim or pet, as well as when I delete a Sim/pet from existing rich household - it resets the funds.

Also when splitting households: the new household gets their standard starting funds, the old one resets.

Message 9 of 101 (8,139 Views)

adding a pet eliminates all your money

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? From my game, I entered Manage Households. Then I added a dog to my household. When I came back to my game, I had lost 1,500,000 simoleans.
What happens when the bug occurs? Lose all your household funds except what a new family member would bring. So when I created the dog I had approx.1,500,000 simoleans, and after the dog was in my game, I only had 24,000 simoleans.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the money I had.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I want to report an issue with my game. I had tons of simoleans (about 1,500,000). I wanted to create a new pup as a family member. When I came back to game mode, my simoleans were gone and I only had 24,000.

Message 10 of 101 (8,068 Views)