Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: [OPEN] Adding new sims/pets to existing households resets household funds

by VIKING5GRL

Original Post

Re: Hard Earned Money Lost

Game Changer

@matthew1112   @ForgottenJess04 
My dreams are smashed { sad face }
Though it initially appeared this was fixed it still seems to affect some households.
Very inconvenient at the least especially if you are working towards a fortune related goal.
==
Is there a way with cheats to make a sim that doesn't live in the same household as another one a sibling? Based on what I'm seeing on this thread, it seems like this is a long lasting problem that can only be worked around with cheats (for how much I don't want to use cheats, I can because I have the PC version)

==
You might try adding them to your household first.
Then use the CAS.fulleditmode cheat to change the relationship.
If you intend on them living in another household the option to split them out on their own.
*I have not done this myself. Save your game before attempting.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

Message 71 of 101 (201 Views)

★★ Novice
@EuphorialQueen When I attempted to add this sim to the household last it reset my entire household's funds. Would the CAS.fulleditmode cheat change this outcome? Will the CAS.fulleditmode cheat work if I make the sim in their own household and then edit their relationship to other sims? I'm willing to try this idea and I greatly appreciate the help. Just want to make sure I understand what I need to do.
Message 72 of 101 (195 Views)

Game Changer

@ForgottenJess04 

@ForgottenJess04 wrote:
@EuphorialQueenWhen I attempted to add this sim to the household last it reset my entire household's funds. Would the CAS.fulleditmode cheat change this outcome? Will the CAS.fulleditmode cheat work if I make the sim in their own household and then edit their relationship to other sims? I'm willing to try this idea and I greatly appreciate the help. Just want to make sure I understand what I need to do.

How did you add them to your household?
The original focus in this thread was loss of funds by adding another Sim via CAS.
The game mechanics offer was to add NPCs or other Sims already in game.
You should be able to 'ask to join household' without loss of funds.
Using Manage World to move Sims between households is safe and in my testing (results may vary) has not made a negative impact on family funds.
New actions were added via 1.58.69.1010 Patch 25Nov2019 to 'split and move' Sims out of your household.
That option should also not change your main household funds except what you give to the Sim moving out.
Disclaimer: Any cheats are used at your own risk. There are some that were disabled by EA/Maxis as causing potential though unintended harm.
Always save your game before making changes using cheats.
The use of the CAS.fulleditmode cheat should not impact household funds if the Sim being edited is part of your current household.

In my experience and testing (results may vary) adding a Sim to the household using anything except adding via CAS has not changed family funds.
Make note of family funds before adjusting your household.
On the off chance funds are reduced significantly you can use a money cheat to add back exact funds.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

Message 73 of 101 (175 Views)

Game Changer

@ForgottenJess04 
I am adding a separate post with additional information about cheats and adjusting family funds.

With testingcheats on type the word money and an exact amount and enter.
Example:
If I want to make my household funds §35,000 I would type " money 35000 " without quotation marks.
I use the same method to reduce funds to Zero by typing " money 0000 " without quotation marks.

There are many guides to cheats and other information. I find Carl's Sims 4 Guide invaluable.
Carl's Sims 4 Guide to Cheats 
TwistedMexi Website is another trusted site.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

Message 74 of 101 (169 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm on PS4 and have a similar issue. I went into manage households to delete 3 ghosts and 2 sims from a household and the funds went from 838,000 to 20,000. Luckily I caught it before clicking accept so then I tried only deleting the ghosts and leaving the other 3 sims and it was the same issue, left with 20,000. There are no pets in this household and wasn't adding any, only trying to delete sims.

*I'd like to add, I don't use cheats because I'm working on completing trophies 

Message 75 of 101 (141 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

If its a played house find the ghost and send to neither world, ghost will giveup their money after they leave.

Problem is starting point of Sims is based on size of household, 1 sim 20,000 2 sims 40,000 each sim has 20,000.  They save the money separately.  So if sim that one the Lottery leaves the house that sim will take the jackpot money with them.  Also when adding to family in manage world use save household, not reset household when the box comes up that resets the household funds to the beginning.

Edit: Played ghost will have their tombstone where they died I hope that helps.

Edit: I also forget to mention when DU came out the household move was updated to allow you to transfer money to sims leaving for University.

Message 76 of 101 (127 Views)

Game Changer

@VIKING5GRL 
Sadly this seems to be a universal issue for all platforms.  I don't think console has the patch that added to split and move option.
That may be of some help as a workaround until a true fix becomes available.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

Message 77 of 101 (114 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Sid1701d9Thanks for your help.. I've tried clicking on the tombstone to release spirit to netherworld but it's no longer an option since adding them to the household. Is there another way to do this?

Message 78 of 101 (85 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EuphorialQueenI attempted to add a new sim to my household using the Household Manager. I did so in order to to have the new sim be a sibling to an existing sim. After I added that sim to the household, and before I saved the game, I noticed that over 700K of income turned into 23K. Since I hadn't saved, I quit the game and reset my household to its original occupants and income. Would I be able to make a sim a sibling if I had them move in using the "ask to move in" function? I didn't assume so which is why I hadn't.

Thank you so much for your tips and thoughts on cheats. I'm scared to use any cheats at all but if I do to I'll take very careful caution in my actions.

Also, I'm sorry if I put this in the wrong forum. I'll try to not make that mistake again in the future.

Message 79 of 101 (84 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EuphorialQueenThank you for your help.. Hope this is fixed soon as it seems to be going on for a while! For now, with the one sim I'm keeping, I bought 55 of the 15,000 violins with all of the money from that household and placed them in her inventory so I can move her out. Then I'll delete the remaining sims as there will be little money left lol.

Message 80 of 101 (79 Views)

Need help?

We’re happy to help with your account, troubleshooting, and gameplay questions.

Contact us on EA Help

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help