Re: [OPEN] Adding new sims/pets to existing households resets household funds

by redsilentwolf28

Original Post

Re: Huge loss of money

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Haka1978 That causes the same issue. If you add anything through manage household, the money goes down.

Cheat it back with the money cheat.

I merged your post with the existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 101 (736 Views)

Re: Huge loss of money

★★★★ Apprentice

Ho okay, thank you

Message 52 of 101 (725 Views)

★ Novice

I had no idea this was a thing until just now. I play on console and have never used cheats. I have a legacy generation that had 600,000+$, I added two pets and now I have 24,000$...

Message 53 of 101 (676 Views)

★ Novice

This isn't really a fix but maybe if you send all your money to a vet then add the sims and transfer back. I'm not sure if this works but I'm going to try it soon.

Message 54 of 101 (617 Views)

Sims 4 Household Funds disappearing?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? Unsure (up to date)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Vampires, My First Pet, Romantic Garden, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I just loaded the game and almost $2 million was missing from my Sims household funds from yesterday when I played.
What happens when the bug occurs? I just loaded the game and almost $2 million was missing from my Sims household funds from yesterday when I played.
What do you expect to see? I expect not to see almost $2 million missing from my Sim's household funds between game sessions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I'm pretty sure Origin had an update when I logged in yesterday but I believe it was fine during that first gameplay session.

I loaded my Sims 4 game today and noticed my household funds had changed from almost $2 million to $25 thousand. As soon as I realized the money was missing, I escaped without saving to return to the main menu, and when the game reloaded a 2nd time the money was still missing. 

I believe I performed an Origin update yesterday before playing and at that time my Sim's household money was still correct, so it may be unrelated to the Origin update, but when I logged in today was when I noticed the almost millions of dollars missing. I do not use cheats, Mods or any custom content, and I didn't earn the almost $2 million through money cheats, it was earned through mostly gardening, although when I first created this Sims family several months ago I did use the Motherlode money cheat once or twice I think.

Message 55 of 101 (604 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Household Funds disappearing?

Hero
@courtrkb Did you add a Sim or pet to your household ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 56 of 101 (592 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did, actually, a new dog! Right before I saved and exited the game for a day

Message 57 of 101 (587 Views)

Hero
@courtrkb I merged your post with existing thread on the issue then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 58 of 101 (801 Views)

★★★ Newbie

UGH this happened to me too! My Sim won the lottery, and later I went into CAS to make her a boyfriend and I just noticed that my funds went from around 965k to 21k!! I am so upset; that was so much money!

Message 59 of 101 (756 Views)

Re: Hard Earned Money Lost

Hero
@opalmirth Did you add any Sims/Pets to the family via household manager ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 60 of 101 (642 Views)