by BryonyRae

Original Post

[OPEN] Adding lights darkens cabinets, lockers, and Morse's Window Shades

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a good sized room (mine was 8 x 12) and place some lockers (I used Wall 'o Gym Lockers Large) along a portion of the back wall, along with some cabinets above them (or beside them - positioning isn't important). Also place the Morse's Window Shades on the wall. Select white or a light palette option for the objects. Add ceiling lights above them (I added about 6 lights) and note the color and brightness. Now continue adding more ceiling lights to the room - fill it up. Note the changes to the color and brightness as you add more lighting to the room.
What happens when the bug occurs? The cabinets, lockers, and window shades darken, the more lighting is added beyond a certain initial amount of lighting.
What do you expect to see? Cabinets, lockers, and window shades should not get darker - if anything, their brightness should increase, but if not, at least remain as bright as with the initial lighting. Note in the image that the counters placed to either side of the lockers retain their brightness and color regardless of the additional lighting; lockers, cabinets, and shades should behave the same way.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Here is an image of the objects with the original few ceiling lights:

01-24-18_2-23-37 PM.png

And here, darkened after the room has been filled with some additional lights:

01-24-18_2-24-05 PM.png

And here, with maximum lighting:

01-24-18_2-24-42 PM.png

Here's an image showing that the Morse's Window Shades are also subject to this glitch:

01-24-18_3-24-57 PM.png

Message 1 of 1 (1,074 Views)