[FIXED] Adding/Moving/Deleting Walls and Wall Patterns Removes Objects

by BryonyRae

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Adding/Moving/Deleting Walls and Wall Patterns Removes Objects

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Edited by EA_Mai:

Locking this thread as this issue was addressed with a patch ~6 months ago. If you are experiencing something similar and your game is up to date, please take a look at these similar reports:

None of these describe your issue? Please, use the forums search and if no one has reported it, open a new bug report.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Using the bb.moveobjects cheat, place multiple objects together in ways that cause them to intersect and also on or adjoining to wall(s) of a structure. Attempt to place a wall pattern on a wall (does not necessarily need to be in the same spot as the objects). Attempt to delete a wall of the structure (does not necessarily need to be in the same spot as the objects). Turn bb.moveobjects off and attempt the same tasks. The behavior can also be observed at times by adding/moving walls/rooms and by applying pool trim.
What happens when the bug occurs? As you hover over the wall with the tool you have selected, some of the objects will be highlighted in yellow and then removed when you complete the action. This is more likely to occur with bb.moveobjects turned on. However, sometimes the same or *different* objects will be removed with it turned off.
What do you expect to see? Objects should remain where placed regardless of whether bb.moveobjects is toggled on or off and when 1) wall patterns are applied or 2) walls/rooms *not intersecting the objects* are added/moved/deleted. If objects intersect or are placed on a given section of wall and *that section of wall* is deleted, it makes sense that the objects attached to it would be deleted as well.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This issue and variants of it have been around since bb.moveobjects was introduced.  It was originally reported in this thread and was also widely discussed on the forums in this thread.  Over time, there have been some improvements, which I believe have helped with some but not all instances originally reported.  What I have described in this thread is still very much an issue. 

Here are some screen shots of the issue.

1. bb.moveobjects turned on - about to apply wall pattern - you can see the objects near the wall highlighted in yellow, which disappear once the wall pattern is applied.

Screenshot (73).png

2.  With bb.moveobjects turned off, the objects are no longer highlighted in yellow to be deleted, but now, some of the windows are:

Screenshot (74).png

3.  And here, if I were to delete a connected room, the objects will be removed:

Screenshot (71).png

Message 1 of 10 (21,135 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Adding/Moving/Deleting Walls and Wall Patterns Removes Objects

Hero

Moving a wall will no longer delete objects on a separate shelf when bb.moveobjects cheat is used.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (18,804 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice
I had a similar issue and used the cheat “bb.moveobjects” and it worked for me. Also try bb.moveobjects on (I forgot which it is)
Message 2 of 10 (20,729 Views)

★★★ Novice

I experienced this bug for the first time this week, while participating in the Build-n-Share challenge. I started photographing my house, found a piece of wallpaper that needed to be changed to a different pattern, and changing one panel of wallpaper (the red wallpaper segment in the attached image) somehow dumped a dozen different objects into my inventory. I don't know for sure if the objects in mine were highlighted or not (they were scattered all over the house, including a hamper in a laundry room on the complete opposite side of the house). The build with the buggy wallpaper segment is currently in the Gallery under my ID (SimsIslandheart) as "Climate Controlled," if you'd like to try to replicate the problem. 

I do not have CC or Mods in my game. The only thing that changed recently was I added the "Seasons" expansion when it was released. (Legitimate purchase, through Origin) MOO and Kaching were the only cheats used on this build. 

Thanks! 

Message 3 of 10 (20,151 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had doors and windows disappearing as well, mostly when i was changing the wall patterns. Wall decorations such as mirrors also vanished. I usually noticed this when i would load my build to build a little more, but everything seems to stay in place when i have move objects turned on.

Message 4 of 10 (20,075 Views)

★ Pro

Is this ever going to take into consiteration to fix? 'cause it's still an issue since C&D. Decoration/Clutter get mainly deleted into household inventory when changing wallpapers Also ALL the garden goods in the greenhouse end up in housshold inventory also, when changing the wallpaper inside the house. And it doesn't make any difference if you have MOO on activated or not. Something will always end up in household inventory.

Message 5 of 10 (19,799 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT] [CHEATS] BB.MoveObjects Doesn't Work

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? Unknown (Sorry)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Turn on bb.moveobjects and then place multiple objects overlapping each other (seems to occur more often when objects are on a wall with a window). Afterwards, do some editing (like other walls, building rooms, etc) and some objects will disappear as if bb.moveobjects is off.
What happens when the bug occurs? Objects will refuse to place down again saying that there is an object blocking it.
What do you expect to see? Objects to stay and be able to be placed down when overlapping an object when bb.moveobjects is turned on.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Seems to have happened in the February 2019 StrangerVille patch.

I'm not sure if this has been going on before but it really causes problem when using BB mode! Thank you for reading and sorry for any inconvenience!

Message 6 of 10 (19,558 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CHEATS] BB.MoveObjects Doesn't Work

Hero (Retired)

@Hi_its_Nobody this has been an issue since the bb.moveobjects cheat was introduced.  Taking actions that affect structure, such as adding/removing walls or changing decorations such as wall styles can cause MOO'ed objects to be deleted.  It was discussed in this thread, along with other MOO related issues.  This specific issue was originally reported here, so I will merge the threads.

Message 7 of 10 (19,501 Views)

Hero

Moving a wall will no longer delete objects on a separate shelf when bb.moveobjects cheat is used.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (18,805 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Adding/Moving/Deleting Walls and Wall Patterns Removes Objects

★★★★ Apprentice

This happened to me for the first time today. All objects were placed without any cheats. Changed the paint in a neighboring room. Now I can't place anything in one half of the room where the objects were moved to inventoru rendering half of that room unusable for absolutely no discernible reason. 

I'm happy that EA is getting ready to release another pack soon what with all the bugs they haven't fixed yet. So far as I can see, this has been an issue for at least 4 years and it still hasn't been fixed. Leave it to EA.

Message 9 of 10 (18,744 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Adding/Moving/Deleting Walls and Wall Patterns Removes Objects

Hero
@kriggin1 To be sure, you're on PC/Mac, not console ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (18,737 Views)