[FIXED] Active Sims interrupt current interaction to do something else

by rebeccah101

Original Post

Re: Constant interrupted gameplay

★★★★★ Apprentice

my sims stop what they doing too go practice acting in mirror. and they continue too play music when have nothing in inventory they can play it from. i have turned off no npc voting but played sims do vote

Message 61 of 244 (2,578 Views)

★★ Pro

@bandit34  Oh okay! You might also want to me too this thread if you don't mind. I didn't know about the instrument playing or it would have clicked in my head what was happening. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-are-obsessed-with-instrument-playing/m-p/9200235  Thanks for all your help and support in here on the forums. The more me too's we get in the right places the more EA knows which bugs or just public feedback to pay attention to. :D

Message 62 of 244 (2,565 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm also having this issue but only with one sim. He won't complete a damn thing I tell him to. Had him become a spellcaster and he'll stop brewing potions to do something else. Same with uni work, cooking, painting, anything. I'll leave him to paint, go check on him and he'll be dancing to music. it's most irritating.

Message 63 of 244 (2,509 Views)

★★ Guide

@CGrant56 ThanksStandard smile Unfortunately, repealing doesn't stop the behavior in my game (and I'm reading that many others are experiencing something similar):/ 

As it stands, there are only 2 or 3 N.A.P.s that aren't causing repetitive behavior/override issues--I'm hoping we'll get a fix that allows us to use the feature as intended. Starting a fresh save & using workarounds is definitely an option, but it'd be sad if we had to drop our long-running saves to play. 

Message 64 of 244 (2,488 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Active Sims interrupt current interaction to do something else

Champion

If you are on PC/Mac and use mods, I've added a fix for this issue in my "Neighbourhood Action Plan Autonomy Fixes" mod. I've only tried it on my own sims who had NAP autonomy stuck on them, and they were fixed. Hopefully it works the same for you too.

You can Google search for "simvasion mods" and find it on my WordPress blog.

Detailed Info for SimGurus:
I don't know how, but for some reason I found a few of my sims who had the commodity triggers for NPC only NAP behaviour stuck on them, even without the associated NPC autonomy buffs which get applied to instanced NPCs while in an active NAP area. I've played since launch of the pack and switched households many times in my rotational playing, but so far only found two sims that were affected in this way (there may be more but I haven't reached them in my rotation yet).

I modded the stuck commodities by adding the "persistent tuning" flag and setting it to false. I don't know if that's the best way to fix the issue, but it fixed up my affected sims.

Another fix I tried before this was using cheats to remove the commodities manually, which also worked (but this method requires installing the TwistedMexi all cheats enabler mod).

Message 65 of 244 (2,413 Views)

★★★ Guide

@simvasion wrote:

If you are on PC/Mac and use mods, I've added a fix for this issue in my "Neighbourhood Action Plan Autonomy Fixes" mod. I've only tried it on my own sims who had NAP autonomy stuck on them, and they were fixed. Hopefully it works the same for you too.

You can Google search for "simvasion mods" and find it on my WordPress blog.

Detailed Info for SimGurus:
I don't know how, but for some reason I found a few of my sims who had the commodity triggers for NPC only NAP behaviour stuck on them, even without the associated NPC autonomy buffs which get applied to instanced NPCs while in an active NAP area. I've played since launch of the pack and switched households many times in my rotational playing, but so far only found two sims that were affected in this way (there may be more but I haven't reached them in my rotation yet).

I modded the stuck commodities by adding the "persistent tuning" flag and setting it to false. I don't know if that's the best way to fix the issue, but it fixed up my affected sims.

Another fix I tried before this was using cheats to remove the commodities manually, which also worked (but this method requires installing the TwistedMexi all cheats enabler mod).

I've found that the NPC autonomy buff gets stuck if a Sim is on a lot when I switch families when they have it (either as walk-bys or visitors on my lot, or when the active sim is visiting them).  It gets removed if they're unloaded properly (either by leaving the lot normally or my Sim going home).  Inviting an "infected" Sim over while the NAP is active then sending them home or repealing the NAP while they're on the lot (I used cheats) removes it too (so that can be a temporary fix for people who don't have many infected Sims, or don't want to disable/re-enable the EP).

I don't know anything about how the programming actually works, but it seem like whatever function clears the NPC buffs isn't getting called when exiting the lot to Manage Worlds.

Message 66 of 244 (2,395 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Something else to add here - this only affected one sim in my household until they visited a different household in another world, now it affects all of them. I don’t have any mods or any active NAPs in the world they are from (there are active NAPs in the world they visited). The trip also triggered future cubes and clay to spawn in their pockets which they now obsessively play with as part of the interaction interruptions.

Message 67 of 244 (2,346 Views)

Re: Interactions completing/cancelling or not filling needs since Eco Living

★★ Apprentice

My Sims will stop doing anything and either stand idle or go do something random (seems 50% of the time for either result) if I put more than one action in a queue for them to do. In other words, i can't queue. And I am working with a family. I have to literally have one thing for each Sim and repeatedly click on each to make sure they are doing their action. If they finish, i can put a single action in. It glitches otherwise. This became real worrying just today (June 17th) as my toddler nearly starved to death because I told eh to potty then eat. She pottied then just stood there, her queue empty of any other commands. I didn't notice because I was trying to get Patchy to stop pretending to harvest the vertical gardens (another bug I'm looking for the posts on to add my information). Because I was distracted I didn't notice until she was so far down on her hunger she was practically taken away, I'm sure. And she didn't even throw a tantrum or break the dollhouse right beside her or anything. Just stood there like a statue.

Message 68 of 244 (2,298 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@rebeccah101 Yea its happening all the time for me
Message 69 of 244 (2,272 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same for me and I have not Eco pack installed. It happens the most during exercise or when children paint on activity table if TV is near.

Also my sims dont finish meals (but not always).

Message 70 of 244 (2,223 Views)