[FIXED] Active Sims interrupt current interaction to do something else

by rebeccah101

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Active Sims interrupt current interaction to do something else

★★★★★ Novice

I’ve tried cancelling the NAP’s but it hasn’t stopped the interruptions or the actions.  I’ve stopped playing now as I don’t mind too much if the current game is a write off as I started it only a week ago, but I’d hate to lose my older saves.  Going to have to wait for a patch I guess.  

Message 41 of 244 (1,633 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Active Sims interrupt current interaction to do something else

★ Guide

You could try going into every neighbourhood and re-appealing every NAP. I did this although it wasn’t a fix it did calm it down ever so slightly I think.  But even with no NAPs active anywhere they are still gaining influence and doing NAP related activities. I wonder whether the intensity also comes from how many of the same NAP are active across the worlds.

I was shocked about how many NAPs across the worlds were open. I had 5/6 naps open in each of my played households. There really needs to be a limit to how many are active to. 
Unfortunately I’ve been playing my save for a long time and continued with it for this EP and patches, and now fear that I’ve ruined my save Frown 

Message 42 of 244 (1,620 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Have the same issues as everyone else, It's frustrating at the moment as my sim is currently at university and trying to do any of the coursework is fairly impossible while living on campus, the second someone comes to talk to your sim, the thing my sim was doing stops meaning I have to then redirect my sim to do that action again and the cycle repeats, occasionally my sim will just randomly stop and then pull out a violin or guitar that was not in their inventory or on the lot they are on (not a deal breaker but it takes a bit to cancel the  action as there is nothing to click to cancel it) .

I think for the second semester I'm just going to move my sim back home where they won't be disturbed or at least can be somewhere they can be left alone to actually do the coursework and get their grades up since they are currently failing due to all the interruptions. 

Message 43 of 244 (1,613 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It’s definitely more noticeable at the uni campus. It must have been going on in the home world as that was where the NAPs were. 

Message 44 of 244 (1,594 Views)

Glitches and Sims doing their own thing??

★★ Novice

So ever since the June update, and since I installed Eco Lifestyle, I've had some issues with the game. Sims stop doing what they've been assigned to do, and instead start playing with clay, playing the violin, going to make cake, stretching/exercising etc. It's v annoying. Also, other sims who come into my homes just swipe stuff? Why??

Any help would be appreciated. The game recently updated and I've also tried to repair it in Origin.

Message 45 of 244 (1,573 Views)

@JLGreen1992  I've merged your post into the master thread for this issue, or most of the issues you've listed.  Feel free to click Me Too and add any other infor you find relevant.

The posts about NPCs stealing go into this thread, so you can post there too, if you want to add your thoughts.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ECO-Objects-disappear-from-lots-NPC-Stealing-with-and/m-p...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 46 of 244 (1,563 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict thank you! I'll do that now Standard smile

Message 47 of 244 (1,553 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’m also having this problem and finding that it makes the game almost unplayable. It’s very difficult to look after a baby and toddler in a household when the adults keep getting interrupted on their way to feed themselves or their children (or literally to do anything useful). I also have had sims ruin good relationships with other sims by randomly deciding to share fake bad news with them. It’s very frustrating! 

Message 48 of 244 (1,538 Views)

Re: Interactions completing/cancelling or not filling needs since Eco Living

★★★★ Novice

I have this issue as well. At first i thought my sim was really into programming for their degree, where I'd tell him to work on his presentation or to go work out, he stops and goes to the pc to practice programming. He now does it with cooking and eating, where he'd stop to play with a future cube. Now sometimes i tell him to do things he just stands there idle and then the action is cancelled for the future cube.

Also, without a trait to steal, he wants to swipe his own items in the house and constantly wants to tell his partner fake bad news to the point where they had a argument they broke up! 

Message 49 of 244 (1,529 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Just a funny note--I'm seeing on twitter that even the fire fighters are getting this bug! People are posting videos of firefighters playing with future cubes & clay while a fire rages behind themStandard smile

Message 50 of 244 (1,515 Views)