Re: [OPEN] Active Sims interrupt current interaction to do something else

by rostsit

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I have all packs. I had noticed other sims that just plain wouldn't eat some meals but it was easily worked around by getting more food. 

The knitting bug is much worse because the only workaround is to take the knitting box/bag out of inventory. I turned off autonomy and my sim still started another beanie.

It might be NAP related but now that you mention it, my second sim I created did this before voting was closed on the Monday after she started so there were no NAPs active at the time.

Message 141 of 244 (882 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I played for the first time in a while. Just got the new Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack and decided to load up a previous family.

Excercise seems to be the queue stomper for me. Eat? Nah go outside in a blizzard to do some push-ups. Cloud gaze with someone? Sure start to do it but then one of you will get up to do a push up!

I get what they were going for (neighborhood clubs basically) but somehow it's just not right. I should not have to fight with them to do something so simple.

Tis a shame

Message 142 of 244 (828 Views)

Re: New Bug with Food and Eating?

★ Apprentice

I have the same problem especially with my toddlers, they can be starving and I get the Your toddler is starving pop up, but they will pick up the plate and put it down again uneaten, or maybe a bite taken from it, I have to repeat the eat or take a serving several times. 

every few sim minutes my adults will stop what they are doing and go and talk to the plants, or leave the toddler on the potty or only partly bathed and go talk to the plants, even when their social bar is full. They will leave of preparing a meal to go and talk to the plants. drives me mad. all since I installed Echo living. now i have knifft knitters they wil lleave of what their doing to sit  and knit, but I'll be taking their knit boxes out of their inventories. I dont have mods and I don't have spooky or  vampires. 

Message 143 of 244 (771 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I play on PS4 and have the same issue after installing the same thing

Message 144 of 244 (744 Views)

My Sim Ignores Commands After Origin Update (07/30)

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make the sim cook, play guitar, eat, hang clothes on clothesline, pick up trash
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim will cancel out the command and either compulsively bake white cakes, spawn exactly 6 clay in their inventory and begin molding them, start stretching, or doing pushups.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to literally complete any command given instead of cancelling it out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Origin had an update.

My sim will cancel out the command and either compulsively bake white cakes, spawn exactly 6 clay in their inventory and begin molding them, start stretching, or doing pushups.This started last night after Origin had an update. I've removed mods and repaired the game. Nothing changed. I've turned autonomy off and that doesn't help either. The game is unplayable at the moment.

Message 145 of 244 (743 Views)

Re: My Sim Ignores Commands After Origin Update (07/30)

★★★★★ Guide
@iomsp while not exactly the same issues I've had similar ones since the latest update (on console). My Sims seem to be affected by "hidden actions" such as a very sad dog coming in from outside walking slowly to the owner in the kitchen. I was trying to get her to ask her neighbor to change outfits for a photographer gig request and he kept standing there looking at the something and swaying back and forth and she stood there with the commands I gave her just disappearing over and over again. Once the dog finally made her way to the owner and that interaction happened it's like the game caught up and resumed. The guy walked to the photography studio and my owner followed after him. But then they both ran back to the house in the same room to do the outfit change action instead of just doing it in the photography studio where I queued up the new command. Frustrating.

Sometimes Sims will just drop every command I give them to do the NAP automatic actions instead. Honestly my commands freewill on or off should take priority over those commands. But they don't.
Message 146 of 244 (710 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me too. My sims won't finish any action without interrupting to do pushups, practice programming (and she is already max level..sigh), or harvest plants. I have all autonomy off. I have the NAP option turned off in my settings, and there are no current action plans.

It isn't every sim either. This has happened in the two families I've played since the patch, only one sim does it from each family. Other sims will stand there forever, or finish their meals, or actually potty train their child instead of leaving them to go practice programming. Teeth bared

It is very frustrating!

Message 147 of 244 (659 Views)

Gameplay Errors

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? not sure how I find that out but I'm pretty it is the most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? I'm currently playing a sim going to university. She stops doing whatever action I assign to her: won't finish eating, won't finish her shower, won't finish her homework/term paper, etc. and starts to play with clay that randomly appear in her inventory even after I delete them all, or plays with a guitar or violin that she doesn't own, not in her inventory or anywhere on the property.
What do you expect to see? Normal game play
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 148 of 244 (655 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Even the recent patch or simvision mods don't solve this, outrageous...
Message 149 of 244 (599 Views)

Champion
@rostsit what's wrong with the mod? Are you using the latest version (27 July)?
Message 150 of 244 (566 Views)