Re: [OPEN] Active Sims interrupt current interaction to do something else

by claudiekitty

Original Post

Free Will Completely Broken

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Even with the option to disable selected Sim autonomy my Sim has severe ADD. They will stop doing something I've told them to do and go do something random on the lot.
What do you expect to see? For Sims with autonomy disabled to not spontaneously start doing things.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Started after the broken disaster that is Eco Living.

I'm at my wit's end trying to play with a Sim determined to do absolutely anything except what she's told to do.

Message 91 of 244 (1,056 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims autonomously repeating same interaction (cooking, et al)

★★★ Novice

This is happening to me also, I will have sims try to paint, or workout or Anything really and they stop the assigned task and start doing something else. It seems like anything they have to do that is aspiration related, work or school related they stop doing and start something new, specifically it has been practice programming, practice making drinks, stretching/do push ups and they also will start baking something and stop. It is very frustrating. 

Message 92 of 244 (1,028 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims autonomously repeating same interaction (cooking, et al)

★★ Apprentice
@gsellers25 I gave up on Sims for now, tbh. I was having SO much fun building and getting ready to play. Was having a blast playing, and I just keep getting hit with bugs.
Message 93 of 244 (995 Views)

★ Apprentice

Disabling autonomy doesn't even stop the pushups. I can't finish refining comedy routines, the edits require him to sit the whole way through or else he has to start over. He can't finish revising even short routines..
None of the current NAPs in the neighborhood have anything to do with exercising. In fact, the performing arts one IS active but obviously that is NO help.
It's unplayable.
I got desperate enough to use MCCC, and even IT can't fix what EA broke. Yikes.

Message 94 of 244 (977 Views)

★★ Novice
@rebeccah101 Omg, i have the same thing, it drives me NUTS
Message 95 of 244 (928 Views)

★ Guide
@SIsForSayonara It’s not a perfect fix but simvasion has a mod fix for it and it’s more or less corrected the issue for me. I still can’t have NAPs enabled but least I can play the game. I’m desperate for an official patch now, I think it’s unfair how broke this game is.
Message 96 of 244 (917 Views)

★★★ Novice

I used the MOD from simvasion, but didn’t help. I have noticed it is only one of my households that is doing it. I’ve moved them a few times but doesn’t seem to make a difference. And I moved a new sim to that household and that sim is fine, it’s like these 4 specifically are corrupted or something. 

Message 97 of 244 (903 Views)

★★ Novice
@rebeccah101 Yes, thank you, i already got it. Too bad this bug has been going around for like a month, but no one else bothered to fix it Frown
Message 98 of 244 (855 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Same for, me, my sim is doing random things like dance on music, play videogames on computer, tell mean thing to other sims and practice mixology at the bar. When I tell her to cook, she will take something from the fridge, put it on the counter and quickly switch to another activity. Also happen when I tell her to eat...

Message 99 of 244 (814 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've noticed this happening a lot more frequently in my game recently. For example, my Sim will have low hygiene but she will cancel her shower multiple times to either go chat on the computer, or play with the basketball hoop. I'm finding it really difficult to play for longer periods of time because it's so frustrating to have to keep managing this.

Message 100 of 244 (775 Views)