Re: [OPEN] Active Sims interrupt current interaction to do something else

by clairb718

Original Post

★★★ Guide

I have this without the Eco expansion, though I find it depends on what they're doing and it's not persistent. I couldn't keep my mermaid in the computer science career because she constantly would drop her task at the worktable to do something else. Any of my sims with a ping-pong table will drop any command and go play ping-pong instead. Literally any task that takes time and isn't an A-to-B task (like taking out the trash) has a good chance to get interrupted.  Even when sleeping they sometimes wake up after a couple hours to play a pointless emote, and then sit on the bed and complain they're tired.

Message 81 of 244 (1,179 Views)

Re: Autonomy broken - Sims will not complete tasks

Hero
@imalumberjack37 I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 82 of 244 (1,177 Views)

Unwanted autonomy

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? most recent PS4 console patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? eco lifestyle, city living, get to work, outdoor retreat, vampires, jungle adventure, strangeville, realms of magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? im not too sure how its occurred, only since last night has it occurred, no changed where made to the sim, house, or environment
What happens when the bug occurs? my sim will cancel tasks, and wonder off to begin there own task, usually one of two, either harvesting, or trying to brew remedies, they will cancel whatever they are doing, no matter what, even urgent tasks
What do you expect to see? my sims free will stripped away from them!.....i didn't mean that X'D but when i am in direct control of a sim, they should never cancel a task, and begin to do something else, unless it is urgent
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

i created two new households to move into the neighborhood, but, needed to do some tweaks on there traits, i backed out, saved the house hold, then redeployed, but, they did not have funds, so i linked them to an existing household, then transferred them with funds, they disappeared from the world, so i placed them again, and there funds where reset, along with my played households bits and pieces, managed to home the new sims, but now my sim randomly wanders off, cancels tasks, and constantly tries to harvest plants, and brew remedies, they will even cancel urgent tasks, like sleeping, or eating to go on this pursuit, autonomy is switched to off, and i have autonomy switched off for controlled sims, i have deleted the sim, and replaced a copy, not a clone, but saved to the gallery, and replaced, it still occurs, moved location, and still persists, :/
i even deleted the whole household from the world, then replanted another copy, but still occurs   QnQ 

Edit By Crinrict: Removed Tags

Message 83 of 244 (1,189 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] Unwanted autonomy

★★★★ Guide
Message 84 of 244 (1,172 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hmm, ok so its to do with eco then, im judging from what they are saying, the sims seem to be acting, based on what NAP's are currently enforced, mine was to be rewarded for harvesting, taking care of plants, and so on, it makes sense, when i had sims visit my house, they would help themself to my garden too X'D now my sim appears to be acting as they where, despite me being in direct control

Message 85 of 244 (1,167 Views)

Message 86 of 244 (1,163 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hmm....i wonder, so, i never had the issue before, and iv had eco for about 6 days? anyway, i wonder if its when you save a sim, thats currently in a world effected by a NAP, then you replant them, that causes the previous "programming" to remain, and conflict with there normal behavior? i only had this occur last night

Message 87 of 244 (1,141 Views)

Hero
@GlowSIlverMain Merged your thread with the autonomy one.

It does take a few days for the bug to settle in cause the more NAPs you have the worse it gets.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 88 of 244 (1,137 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ah ok fairs, so it is a known bug then? i thought it was something i did that broke my sim

Message 89 of 244 (1,113 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@rebeccah101 Thank you! Standard smile
Message 90 of 244 (1,043 Views)