Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Active Sims interrupt current interaction to do something else

by rebeccah101

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims won't stay in bed

★★ Guide

I am going to take this one step further.  My sims won't stay in bed, won't complete tasks, nothing.  They sit down at the computer, they get right back up, they go get a book, then start to read, then put it down, they get another book (fun is low) start to read, put it down.  I redirect back to doing term paper for Uni, they sit down, type, then get up.  It's unplayable at this point and it started tonight immediately after the now SECOND broken update I have installed (third update this week).

Message 51 of 244 (3,336 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims won't stay in bed

Hero
@mrstank30 Moving your post over to the thread on that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 244 (3,312 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Active Sims interrupt current interaction to do something else

★★★ Apprentice

I know a lot of people have already replied but my Sims are also having the issue where they can't complete tasks because they have to stop and do push ups all the time. Even activities that should take priority are being interrupted. They will be in dire need to go to the bathroom but instead will stop and do push ups, for example. 

Message 53 of 244 (3,209 Views)

★★ Guide

I ended up disabling Eco Lifestyle because my game became unplayable. My favourite in game born sim just started a family but eco made her and her husband act like crazy. They stopped most interactions to play guitar/violin/digi pad (none of which they own) or to play with the clay. The clay kept on appearing into their inventory. All together, there were 86 lumps of clay. They also tried to steal food from their toddler. My sims mother (a very nice sim) came to their house all the time to tell fake bad news thus destroying their relationship. There were street fights everywhere. My other family suffered from baking cakes constantly. I had NPC voting turned off, somehow still my active NAPs were Sharing Is Caring and Creativity. I removed them with cheats which stopped the stealing but not the creative things. They couldn’t even finish bathing their toddler because the actions were interrupted. They need to fix this and make a player choose whether they want NAPs in their game or not. And make the actions less overriding. I wouldn’t mind if my sim whose neighbourhood has the creativity N.A.P. on and who is creative would use things that they already have (like an easel) to paint when they have no tasks. But this is crazy. 

ps. Somehow my daughter’s save isn’t this bugged. Luckily my sims wen’t back to normal after disabling Eco Lifestyle. 

Message 54 of 244 (3,189 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The way around it I have found, only works on new saves sadly is to disable the voting for NPC’s, then not vote on anything and nothing was being assigned.  I was expecting the game to just choose a random one as I’d seen people saying that was what it does.  I think my previous save game is probably going to have to be deleted, as removing the NAP’s via a cheat did not stop my sim still doing the push ups or the clay multiplying out of control. 

Message 55 of 244 (3,166 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I also did this at the weekend, my new save game has no issues with this bug now. I turned off NAP NCP voting and I have never had an active NAP with new save. Still some issues with townie behaviour but overall no actions dropping. Really gutted tho I had played the previous save for so long and played generations of the same family. Also I had edited a lot of the lots and so on and I’m guessing that’s all lost now. 

edit - every week it says a new NAP is in place but there’s never any effects of that NAP and it doesn’t show as an option to re appeal. 

Message 56 of 244 (3,152 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Active Sims interrupt current interaction to do something else

★★★ Novice

I am having the same problem. My toddlers are hungry and their parents won't complete cooking a meal. Instead they just go do something else, like play with a lump of clay, or anything other than cook. When I finally do get a meal cooked, the hungry toddlers won't eat enough. I had to use a cheat or else the toddlers would have been taken away.
I also get random sims coming into the house, start to fix a white cake, then leaving the cutting board to go start another white cake. I wind up with cutting boards of partly started white cake everywhere.

Message 57 of 244 (3,114 Views)

Constant interrupted gameplay

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Regular gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims constantly stop what they’re asked to do to either stretch, make white cake, do push-ups, or grill de stressed drink.
What do you expect to see? Normal uninterrupted gameplay
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After downloading Eco and all the patches after i downloaded it

The interrupted gameplay is very frustrating. 

Message 58 of 244 (3,156 Views)

Re: Constant interrupted gameplay

★★ Guide

I have the same issue:/ I temporarily uninstalled to make room on my Mac until it's fixed. Even in a fresh save file with a few N.A.P.s & no travel, the policy-related activities override almost all of my queued actions. 

Message 59 of 244 (3,135 Views)

Re: Constant interrupted gameplay

Hero

@19274A @LaurenVillone 

This sounds like normal behavior with EL and most of it is NAP induced.

First thing I suggest you do is go to game options and uncheck Enable NPC voting.  That way the only sims that will vote will be your active sims. 

Then, you can set up a repeal of the NAPs you don't want running on the mailbox and vote in those that you do want.  With only your active household voting, you only have to cast one vote too.  This has worked for me in the current zone where I am playing.  I have not tried to repeal one yet though.  

And, you will need to do the repeal and vote in a new one (or not) in any zone where you find the annoying one.  I play a long term save with sims in almost every zone in every world so I will have to go into every zone and do the repeal and vote in the NAPs I want. Going to take a long time since it takes 4 weeks to set the 4 active NAPs for each zone. 

If you turn off NPC voting before any get enacted anywhere, then they don't get enacted so you don't have to worry about them.  Depending on how you play, it might be easier to start a new game, shut off NPC voting and play from there.  

Hope this helps.

Message 60 of 244 (3,125 Views)