Re: Sims stopping in the middle of tasks

by helenbeeee

Original Post

Re: Interactions completing/cancelling or not filling needs since Eco Living

★ Guide
@crinrict i've messaged you the link, thanks for all your work!
Message 21 of 244 (2,827 Views)

Hero
@rebeccah101 Thank you. I'll take a look when I get a chance

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 244 (2,796 Views)

Sim keeps cancelling actions, doing spontaneous actions and items appear in his

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So I have been playing sims since sims 2 and this is the first time I've ever seen this. I have autonomy off for selected sim but he keeps cancelling actions for things he wants to do. He had made hundreds of cakes and hundreds of bowls sit around of half baked cakes. He has modeling clay that keeps multiplying in his inventory and he plays with it all the time. It respawns every time i delete it. It's getting annoying. He won't finish any actions for making cakes and playing with clay. I've been playing him for awhile and its its just now after installing the new eco living that this has started. I repaired the games to no effect. Please advise.

Also no mods in my game at all.

Also he keeps spontaneously giving fake bad news to everyone and is destroying all his relationships. I am not happy at all about this.

Update: also every time he goes anywhere with a group it starts a club meeting....ugh

Message 23 of 244 (2,849 Views)

Re: Sims stop eating and cooked all the time

★★★★ Novice

But wasn't your game updated/patched before the Eco-BS DLC came out?

In my case, all was ok after patch itself and even when I installed EL. Then, after 3hrs of playing I sent my spell-caster to uni and that's when sh*t hit the fan. Roommates started acting like some kind of push-ups' cult.  Back at home disease seemed to spread equally fast - in 2 days all usable surfaces were covered with clay figurines and plates of rotting food. Bloody push-ups kept my sims from finishing homework, going to work, taking shower, etc... but with 27Gb of CC and 24 active script modes, all I can do is to wait for a solution (another patch or fixed mod)

@DariusLupus wrote:
@crinrictThank you for looking into .While it´s bad that so many other player have huge issues with the N..A.P´s .
I DO NOT own ECO living so that can´t be the reason.

Message 24 of 244 (2,929 Views)

Hero
@rebeccah101 Did some testing on your save and while it wasn't really bad for me, I did have her stop eating to work on the tablet and interrupting painting to play on her phone.

Going to keep this as a more general thread for now as it seems random what they do not like other threads around

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 244 (2,747 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Glad to hear this is a bug as I’m finding it super irritating.  I’ve sent my sim off to university, I’ve never really played in brightchester before, I tend to just use my home lot, but decided to try out student lodging for a change.  It’s so annoying trying to get her to write term papers or do her presentation, when it’s interrupted about every 30 seconds so she can do some push ups.  She does not have the athletic trait nor is it the NAP in the student neighbourhood.  It was in her home neighbourhood in Evergreen harbour.  I will try to switch it off there and see if it has any affect at all.  It didn’t seem to be so much of a problem while she was living there, it’s just here in brightchester that it is.  The other really annoying thing is the lumps of clay that keep appearing in her inventory.  I keep selling it, but it just reappears and I wanted to have a poor sim, as let’s face it, we all are when we go to Uni.  

Message 26 of 244 (2,871 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Thanks for looking into this for me
Message 27 of 244 (2,704 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@helenbeeee YES!! The empty bikes! I saw that and thought it was just some odd momentary glitch because I was on fast speed - but nope...I've seen them a few times now!!
Message 28 of 244 (2,755 Views)

★★ Guide

@Reekyteek I've had the plate-disappearing thing too! At first I thought it was because my Sim was eating at the cafeteria. I later realized her plate would disappear when she'd drop queue to do something N.A.P.-related. 

Message 29 of 244 (2,751 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@helenbeeee Just a quick update I restarted my computer as well as the game and then I made myself read all the information all the prompts and have worked out that a lot of the issues were cause by me not knowing how to play this pack its a little more complicated than previous ones and things are connected at a deeper level meaning the influence of traits and actions can have a much deeper reach. So my suggestion is that you research and try things out. One of the major problems was choosing all the new traits together where in actual fact doing that causes some conflict. I am really enjoying the pack and loving playing sims at the moment this is a good pack there are areas that can be improved but its got a lot potential for some excellent gameplay. We did ask for more challenges in the game and I think this pack delivers on that. PS: thankfully the empty bikes have stopped whizzing around the town and my sim cooks in her container now. Standard smile)
Message 30 of 244 (2,726 Views)