Re: Removing of wild plants

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: sim pulls up plants

Hero
@SparklyB What about the other neighborhoods in Evergreen Harbor ?

There's this main issue that affects all NAP: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-NAPs-from-all-neighbourhoods-are-applied-to/td...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 33 (715 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict 

I had a check of what other NAP's were in use in the other neighbourhoods

Sprucewood Square: Eco-friendly appliances, Promote Creative Arts and Sharing is Caring.

Grims Quarry: Clean Energy Production, Free Love (explains the Harris household kissing everyone), and Sharing is Caring.

Nothing green related that I can see that would make my Sim want to pull up plants. 

Could this be coming from another neighbourhood world? Is there a NAP which promotes the removal of wild plants?

Message 12 of 33 (691 Views)

Hero
@SparklyB Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 33 (675 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SparklyB Tested your save and saw the same.

Question: Did you also see NPCs do it or just your active Sim ?

I think it's related to that green fiend trait.

Could you try if you can duplicate the issue without the trait ?

(just for science, I'll forward this as bug)

06-09-20_6-12-58 PM.png

The plant did grow back the next day.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 14 of 33 (652 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict 

I haven't seen any NPC's do it, only my Sim.

I think it must be the green fiend trait. I did just create another game with the same Sim, but with the foodie trait instead of green fiend. Sent her to different lots that had soy plants and she didn't get the urge to pull any of them up. She was idle, I didn't give her any jobs to do, even sent her to stand near the plants to see if that would create a reaction, but no. I think the green fiend trait is a bit oversensitive and decides to pull up wild plants. Not sure why that's a thing though as I've not seen any other plants that would need pulling, say weeds for example. I can only think that that particular action would be useful in that situation, but that doesn't seem to exist. 

I originally thought when she pulled it up that it would be in her inventory as I thought maybe she was taking it so she could use it. That would have been a more useful action.

Thanks for your help Standard smile

Message 15 of 33 (627 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I can confirm that my sim with the Green Fiend trait has also autonomously tired to remove wild plants from the neighbhourhood ( I try to catch and stop her from doing it!).

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 16 of 33 (590 Views)

★ Guide

It is not the first time in sims 4, that sims are doing that. I do not know, when ist was the first time. I remember moments in Magic Realms. I've thougt, they would had repaired that, but now I noticed too, that sims again take the wild plants. What a luck, the plants in Evergreen Habor will appear after one or two days.

Message 17 of 33 (633 Views)

Hero
@Fischreuse Does your Sim have that trait ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 33 (626 Views)

★ Guide

I don't know if green finds is the same like freegan in the german version. My sims is sociable, genius and freegan

Message 19 of 33 (618 Views)

Hero
@Fischreuse Is it NPCs for you or your own active Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 33 (593 Views)