[BY DESIGN] Action doesn't cancel

by corenren

Original Post

Canceling Conversations Doesn't Always Cancel Immediately

★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.57.2
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except for MWS and I only have 1 of the kits; BTD
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your Sim do stuff until inevitably a random Sim/Household member decides to come and chat with you. Cancel the chat command.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you cancel the command more often than not you actually have to wait for the Sim initiating the conversation to make their way to you before the command actually cancels. You also have to cancel it again when they get to you because it becomes active again. While you wait for the Sim to make their way to you, your Sim might be unable to perform any other queued up actions until they do.
What do you expect to see? When I cancel a command I kind of expect it to just cancel immediately. Also if I don't have free will on for my selected Sim I also expect my user directed actions to override any actions of other Sims. But more often than not this is not the case.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Will try to edit later with a video link

Message 61 of 69 (1,117 Views)

Re: Canceling Conversations Doesn't Always Cancel Immediately

★ Guide
@Bearpal64 Yes, it's incredibly annoying! When you cancel an action often they continue walking over to you. Ugh
Message 62 of 69 (986 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Action doesn't cancel

★★★ Newbie

I have a similar problem too. But my sim is just standing there and the only interaction he can do is hold an umbrella while it's raining.  I can't cancel it so he can go home.

Message 63 of 69 (923 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Action doesn't cancel

★ Apprentice

I’ve had a canceled task icon get stuck multiple times. Just today I canceled a knitting task and it stayed in the queue for multiple sim days until I exited out and restarted my game.

Message 64 of 69 (902 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Action doesn't cancel

★ Guide
@metzger425 This is a problem with the base game. I don't think it has been fixed.
Message 65 of 69 (824 Views)

Ignoring Cancellations

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.93.129.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? .
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to cancel a queue action/interaction.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim ignores the cancellation markage and still does the actiion.interaction
What do you expect to see? Sim to NOT do the cancelled queued action/interaction.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The above. Active Sims do it.

Message 66 of 69 (799 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Action doesn't cancel

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Same. Trying to cancel actions is pointless. It doesn't work at all. 

The action will still show in the queue with an X marked through it, but the sim will still go and complete the action anyway. 

OR, if you cancel a sim's action, then switch to another sim as the active sim, and then back to the original sim again, the cancelation has been completely overridden, the X is gone as if you never tried to cancel the action at all, and again, the sim completes the action anyway. 

Between this and any action players assign to sims getting dropped from the sim's queue in favor of something an NPC autonomously decides to do, what we've really got here isn't a game at all, but a very, very expensive cartoon. 

Does anyone know of a mod that makes the game recognize player input? I would LOVE some way to be able to influence what my sims do.

Message 67 of 69 (710 Views)

Re: Action won't cancel?

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict One has to travel to a new lot or re-load the game.
Message 68 of 69 (636 Views)

Re: [BY DESIGN] Action doesn't cancel

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread has been closed as this is currently functioning as designed by The Sims team.

If you feel this was in error, please create a new thread here with as much information as you can provide. Thank you!  

solaire.png

Message 69 of 69 (1,261 Views)