[BY DESIGN] Action doesn't cancel

by corenren

Original Post

Re: Sims will not move after canceling commands/commands will not clear from que

Hero
@TMTC_baka-turbu Could you provide your save to QA ?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 69 (1,526 Views)

sim won’t cancels action

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims actions go grey and will do anything but what you told them to
What do you expect to see? Action in queue then fading away
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I ask my sims to do soemthing it shows in queue but then it goes grey and has a cross over it like I’m hovering to cancel, and then it’s disappears, the sim will go hungry unless I tell it to eat which it will not do, the only exception is when I travelled I was able to get the sim to do soemthing 

Message 42 of 69 (1,550 Views)

Re: sim won’t cancels action

Hero

HI @harriet1205 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 69 (1,531 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have to do this all the time.  It’s become a normal part of game play to reset them. 

seems to be mainly when crossing out the following activities:

- reading books

- dancing

- talking to another sim 

Message 44 of 69 (1,481 Views)

Hero
@BiffaBaker @harriet1205

Merged this with an older thread.

If above doesn't help and it's reproducible in your save, QA is still looking for saves for this one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 45 of 69 (1,452 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Action doesn't cancel

★★★ Apprentice
@SimGuruNick Here’s a link: https://youtu.be/dSS86yr5FTw

Mind you, this was on PlayStation 4, I play with mouse & keyboard. 😇
Message 46 of 69 (1,412 Views)

Sims stuck despite time is running

★ Guide

What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except University, all game packs except StrangerVille, Laundry Day Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff and Backyard Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play Sims 4.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims get stuck in their interaction, I can't cancel interactions unless I reset my sims. It happens all over the household (I play with 7 sims and one cat), all sims get stuck and just stand around, doing nothing despite time is running.
What do you expect to see? When time is running, sims should do something and interactions should not be stuck.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I play with 7 sims and one cat in my household and they often get all stuck, doing nothing and standing around despite time is running. If I reset them, the interactions move on.

Message 47 of 69 (1,369 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Action doesn't cancel

★ Novice

I'm having a lot of issues with this same problem. At times it's with a large chain of commanded actions that won't cancel, but more often it's autonomous actions that won't cancel. The lot I play on is large with a large family of six, so part of the problem may lie in lag, but it never used to be this bad when I played previously with a bigger family. I have a pregnant Sim that is especially bad about this. Her autonomous actions can't be overruled. I don't want to shut off autonomy completely, but the wasted time in trying to get the Sims in my family to work and school and to not let the toddler die of hunger is making gameplay annoying. For example, I tell a Sim to pick up the toddler and put her in the highchair, when the Sim was in the same room with the toddler. Instead, the Sim wanted to talk to her sister. After I set the command and tried to cancel the autonomous action, the Sim still walked out of the room and down the long hallway and down the stairs before turning around to go back for the toddler. No other Sim was autonomously trying to interact with the toddler at the time and the toddler itself was not doing any actions so the parent could not pick it up. It used to be that autonomous actions were immediately overruled. What has happened that this no longer applies? Can we have a percentage setting on autonomy, please? Some option other than on or off would be helpful as a partial remedy for this problem.

Message 48 of 69 (1,089 Views)

Write book gets stuck in task bar

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? dont know- i think its the most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons and Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Cancel a sim resuming or starting a book- usually occurs before theyve gone to the computer
What happens when the bug occurs? The write book task gets stuck in the task bar and the sim normally goes to write the book if you switch sim
What do you expect to see? The task disappear when you cancel it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This also happens with a few other tasks. Sleep is one of them

I was getting this bug before I got the packs as well

Message 49 of 69 (1,011 Views)

Re: Write book gets stuck in task bar

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I have this happening too occasionally as described above it's mostly sleep and writing a book/other "longer" computer activities (dunno what to call those tasks :,D). The activity gets stuck but disappears with resetsim. On mac, 1.71.86.1220, all content installed except JtB. 

@Ish-Idk You can clear the taskbar by opening cheat console, typing testingcheats t , pressing enter and then clicking your sim and choosing resetsim. Hope this helps :>

//edit : Here's a thread that seems to be the same issue, go check it out and if your problem is the same, click 'me too' on the 1st post !

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sleeping-action-is-stuck-in-queue-after-being-woken-up/m-...

Message 50 of 69 (994 Views)