Re: Sims will not move after canceling commands/commands will not clear from que

by CGrant56

Original Post

Re: Sims will not move after canceling commands/commands will not clear from que

[ Edited ]

Have you tried the resetsim cheat?

I know it's not a fix but it could help until it is fixed.

Message 31 of 69 (1,528 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

@BumblingJuicebox  I have found this happening in my game since installing DU.  And I think I've figured out what causes it most of the time.  But if you use the resetsim cheat as @donald556655 suggests, that will clear it just about every time as far as I can tell.

What seems to cause it, especially if you have roommates like in a dorm or have a roommate on a residential lot, is the NPC roommates.  Most times, when a sim wants to talk to your active sim, you'll see their face show up in the queue so you can tell why your sim just stops and stands there until the other sim gets there and says whatever.  I seems to always happen that way if the other sim is a member of the same household but sometimes if the other sim is an NPC, it may or it may not.

But for some reason, the DU roommates don't show up in the queue when they want to talk to your sim.  It also happens with other NPCs now too, but not as much. Sometimes they show in the queue, sometimes they don't as far as I can tell.   And depending on how far away that sim is from your sim when the action initiates, it can take awhile before they get to where your sim is and say whatever it is they want to say.  And until they do, the active sim just stops dead in it's tracks waiting.  Once the NPC does say whatever it is, your active sim then can go about their business as usual.  

And I've noticed that if your sim is doing something that the game won't normally interrupt like taking a shower, then the NPC will just stand there until your sim is finished and then say whatever it was he wanted to say.  If your sim is doing something where the game allows conversations to happen during the activity, like doing homework, playing chess, or eating, the NPC will come up to your sim and start the conversation that can last awhile and make your sim take longer to finish whatever they were doing.  So in that last case, you really don't notice what is happening, but your sim does stop what they are doing waiting on the NPC sim to say whatever it is to your sim.

For some reason though, it appears that the NPC roommates want to talk to my sims a lot, especially in a dorm so once I figured out what was going on, when one of my sims just stops like that, I routinely look around to see what NPC is headed towards my sim and if they are fairly close, I let them do their thing.  If they are far away, I either reset my sim or the NPC.  Resetting either one will break the action and your sim will then proceed with their day.

Message 32 of 69 (1,511 Views)

Hero
@donald556655 I merged your post with an older thread on issues with canceling interactions.

QA is still looking for saves for this issue so could you send them yours ?

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 69 (1,482 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have not tried this cheat, honestly didn't even know about it until now. I'll give it a go!

Message 34 of 69 (1,466 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I wouldn't mind sharing my saved files, how and who do I send that to? (Fairly new to the forums)

Message 35 of 69 (1,465 Views)

Hero
@donald556655 You can find instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 69 (1,463 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here is my saved file, Thanks for the help. Hope this gets resolved soon.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1akzljxHsJhsBe4jed2euVE-2wdwwJCNR/view?usp=sharing

Message 37 of 69 (1,450 Views)

Hero
@donald556655 I'll forward this.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 69 (1,422 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Update: Its now mid March, and STILL NO FIX FOR THIS ISSUE!!!!! This is completely unacceptable! Is there anything, or anyone that can actually make the Sims 4 playable!?! 

Message 39 of 69 (1,352 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello!

Same bug here... 

The resetsim cheat don't even work must of the time for me.

Restarting the game every 20 minutes or so is becoming kind of annoying. Even more considering all the money spent in the DLCs. 

Any news about a bugfix??? 

Message 40 of 69 (1,536 Views)