Re: Action won't cancel?

by Tiarella4

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Action doesn't cancel

★★★★★ Novice
@Bearpal64 Although I've tried that, traveling sometimes make actions stop to. Only thing that seems to help is restart the game for me. I agree with you thou - it is frustrating.
Message 21 of 69 (1,848 Views)

★★ Guide

This action happens way too often than I could admit. This ruins my entire house with garbage everywhere, dishes all over the place, misplaced books and they don’t do the social interaction I’ve queued up. It all goes missing. At times, the Sim becomes completely stuck and stands there doing nothing (giggles if they are happy) which forces me to use reset Sim. 

Message 22 of 69 (1,829 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I caught this on video*; it's the 2nd time in a row this sim followed an automatically-queued action to go back to bed even though I cancelled that action as soon as it popped up.  Both times she walked downstairs to the bed (wasting my time & hers) before turning around to go eat--and you can see her hunger is yellow while her energy is green.  This is pretty common; it's happened to me with many commands in diverse circumstances.

I do have MCCC and a few LittleMsSam mods in atm, but since this happens to people with vanilla games I'm hoping the video is still useful.

*It's my first time uploading a video here, & it hasn't shown up yet--presumably still awaiting approval.  I can't keep this window open indefinitely, so I'm going to submit this post & put the video in once it shows up in my profile.  I don't know how to edit it, so it goes on longer than needed ('ask advice' window prevented me from ending the video).  The graphic quality's bad, too.  Sorry about that!

When I returned to play, I concentrated on the kid--& then discovered that the mom --for the 3rd! time--went downstairs to go back to bed.  I caught a few seconds of that on video, & I'll post that here once it's okay'd.  I'm really terrible at this, & accidentally stopped the video too soon, so you don't see her actually getting into bed.  :/  The cancelled-icon is now gone from her queue, interestingly.  It reminds me of another household, where my sim wasn't allowed to do a single thing until he interacted with the cat once.  In this case, the cancelled action keeps reactivating until the sim completes it.  I suspect that's relevant.  In the pet-related case, the sim couldn't do any of the actions I queued because a new pet-interaction kept popping up as fast as I cancelled them; only after I gave up & let the sim pet the cat or whatever was I able to get on with playing my way.  In this household, the sim had to get into bed before the go-to-bed orders would stop interrupting my own commands.

Message 23 of 69 (1,786 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Both vids still had the 'can't play video at this time' notation, so I deleted them & re-uploaded them.  Maybe this time it will work?

Aug. 17 2019--nope, it's been a week & no change.  Googled the problem; found a post here saying this forum doesn't support .avi files (though that's not what the pop-up window says), d/l'd a file converter & converted both vids to mp4.  Fuzzier than ever; now you can't even see that the 'go to bed' automated action is cancelled (which you can barely see in the .avi vid), but you can still see the sim marching off for bed (in both vids) even though her energy is full, her hunger is low, & I've ordered her to eat.  Now to see if the newly-uploaded mp4 videos will ever become playable so I can post 'em.

If this doesn't work, & anyone in EA/QA wants to see the vids, send me a message & tell me how to get them to you.  I'm not currently playing TS4 (bug re. open basements has made the last HH on my rotation unplayable) & may need a prompt to remember to come check to see if my newly uploaded videos are playable/postable this time around.

Message 24 of 69 (1,756 Views)

★★ Guide

Added videos below to aid this discussion and hopefully receive a patch about this issue.

Message 25 of 69 (1,738 Views)

★★ Guide

Okay. This is getting a little out of hand here. My Sim won’t go home from work because they won’t finish their “Work” interaction. They are forever stuck there.

My entire household keeps getting stuck and honestly I don’t know what to do at this point. It is getting too frustrating. 

Message 26 of 69 (1,732 Views)

★★ Guide
@hestiah23 - thank you! Mine still aren't available: "Unable to play video. Please try again later." Have no idea whether they're awaiting mod-approval or there's some technical issue. /shrug
Message 27 of 69 (1,705 Views)

★★★ Guide

I get this regardless of if I use mods or not.

Click it 20+ times and the action sticks and have to reset them to clear everything.

Then sometimes further actions wont drop down to active, they just hover over and pile up above it.

Message 28 of 69 (1,697 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Anyone still seeing this issue? If so, could you possibly share a save file where you've seen it occurring? Thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 29 of 69 (1,629 Views)

Sims will not move after canceling commands/commands will not clear from que.

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Island Living, Get famous, City Living, Get together, Get to work, Realm of magic, Strangerville, Dine out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Moschino, Laundry Day, Fitness, Bowling night, vintage Glamour, romantic garden, cool kitchen, perfect patio, luxury party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try playing the game and giving your sims commands.....I don't know, do your job and test the game play before releasing patches/updates that break everything else in the game!
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims get stuck/do not move after playing the game for maybe an hour. They do not move after canceling commands. The sims will just sit there doing the commands forever, or they will not do anything at all after canceling the command. The commands get stuck in the que, even after canceling them. Sims will also stay at class way past the time it is supposed to be over.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sims doing the commands given, and or not doing the commands that have been cancel. I also expect that the commands will be cleared away after I cancel them, instead of them just sitting in the que with an X through them
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The December update has completely messed almost everything up in my game. I keep finding more and more issues that makes my game unplayable since this update.

Message 30 of 69 (1,866 Views)