Re: Cats and Dogs Force Interactions that Can't be Cancelled

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Action doesn't cancel

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone possibly share a video of this? Thanks for the help! 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 11 of 69 (2,455 Views)

★ Guide

I've also had this issue, it doesn't happen 100% of the time.

Example: I asked my sim to grill hot dogs, he was in the house and i cancelled. but he was still walking to the grill and the interaction finally cancelled when he got to the grill outside. 

Message 12 of 69 (2,437 Views)

★★ Guide

Posting to let other affected players know they're not alone.  This happens in my game often enough (& in enough households/neighborhoods/worlds) for me to consider it part of how things are in TS4, but all the same it doesn't happen nonstop. I'm not familiar with making videos, but will try to remember to attempt one the next time an action won't cancel, or when the game wipes out the cancelled action (the X across the now-faded action icon disappears, and the icon refreshes itself--is no longer faded).

Message 13 of 69 (2,384 Views)

Cats and Dogs Force Interactions that Can't be Cancelled

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a pet in the household, sooner or later it will force an interaction in the queue that can not be cancelled and takes a very long time to complete.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim stops all other action, will not do previously queued actions and will not do anything else until the pet is paid attention to.
What do you expect to see? The pet NOT causing the queue to fail.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

More or less as explained. While I play with mods, I took them out to test this and nothing I have affects pet behavior anyway, pets are unmodded in my game.  What happens in this is sometimes without it even showing in the queue, the pet forces an interaction like talk to, pet or praise, that can not be cancelled and will cause the sim to stop all other actions in the queue, freezing them, until the pet action can be completed.  Often I have to reset the affected Sim.

Message 14 of 69 (2,391 Views)

Hero
@Sephirajo do you have queue spamming or just one interaction ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 69 (2,378 Views)

★ Guide

I've also had this too, it usually happens more while Sims are eating, they will get up from a chair and pet the dog or praise, then after the interaction is done, Sims drop the plate or walk away from the table and don't continue to eat.. 

Message 16 of 69 (2,367 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It will be one or two interactions, that just stick and freeze the sim.  I wish it was queue spamming, you can cancel those. These can't be cancelled, they come right back and the sim will do nothing else until the pet action is completed unless they are manually reset.

Message 17 of 69 (2,362 Views)

Hero
@Sephirajo Merging this with the can't cancel interactions thread then.

Could you provide a video as asked above by @SimGuruNick

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 69 (2,353 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Still happening. 

Removed all extra content, updated the game. 

Sometimes the "action doesn't get stuck the whole game. Sometimes it gets stuck almost right away. I've found no pattern.

Got pictures.

Message 19 of 69 (2,280 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@marran94 I've noticed that traveling will usually fix a stuck cancelled icon but what I want to know is why does it get stuck in the first place. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does it's kind of frustrating to have to fix it.
Message 20 of 69 (2,263 Views)