Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Action doesn't cancel

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.75.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? I am not able to cancel sims actions, or it will take incredible long to cancel action. Then I have to reset sim using testing cheats.
What do you expect to see? Que up several actions, then try to cancel one. The sim will not cancel action and proceeds to do whatever the action was.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated with patch from April 16, 2019.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 69 (9,954 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [BY DESIGN] Action doesn't cancel

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread has been closed as this is currently functioning as designed by The Sims team.

If you feel this was in error, please create a new thread here with as much information as you can provide. Thank you!  

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 69 of 69 (1,085 Views)

All Replies

Re: Action won't cancel?

Hero

HI @corenren 

I'm not able to replicate this.

Does it matter which interactions you queue ? Have you tried a fresh save and a different family for testing purposes ?

Also try repairing the game through Origin.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 69 (9,894 Views)

Hero

HI @corenren 

are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 69 (9,847 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is also happening to me too. It's incredibly annoying. It eventually cancels but it takes a long time and sims just stand there frozen.

Message 4 of 69 (9,839 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 69 (9,832 Views)

★ Guide

This happens to me occasionally.. But whenever i cancel, they still walk to the place and then stop once they are there, even when i cancelled..

Message 6 of 69 (9,827 Views)

Hero
Does it matter what interaction ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 69 (9,827 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

It does not matter what the interaction is. 

Message 8 of 69 (9,760 Views)

Hero
Added for number of me toos.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 69 (9,714 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Action doesn't cancel

★★★★★ Novice

I have this problem occasionally too. Although the most annoying thing for me is not that they keep doing what I told them not to, but the fact that 1 every 5 times I manage to stop the action - The icon doesn't disappear from the cue. The cancelled icon gets "stuck". The sim can still do the new actions I give but the old one is still there unless I restart the game...

Message 10 of 69 (9,673 Views)