Number of substitutes incorrect in competitions

by hucksy

Original Post

Number of substitutes incorrect in competitions

★★ Pro

Self-explanatory, still not allowed 9 subsitutes on the bench in Premier League and many other competitions. Also still not able to make 5 substitutions per game. Why can't EA actually copy the rules of the real life game?

Message 1 of 9 (1,635 Views)

Re: Number of substitutes incorrect in competitions

★★★★★ Apprentice
@hucksy Agree this should be as standard to allow real rules from the real pitch.
Message 2 of 9 (1,578 Views)

★★ Guide

This should be fixed. If EA adviertise their game as a Realistic Football Game - this should be implement and fix ASAP

Message 3 of 9 (1,562 Views)

★★ Guide

Please click XP first post cos it helps to elevate this important topic higher in the priority list. Maybe EA will react and fix this in next patch

Message 4 of 9 (1,495 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm pretty sure you can make 5 subs as I've watched other people (streamers) do it. I think you have to make them in chunks though, so only get 3 blocks to make them. I could be mistaken though.

Either way, if you can't make 5 subs still that's absolutely embarrassing since it was something they actually made a point of advertising in their pitch notes. Not only that, but why then can't you then fix the 9 subs on the bench rule that's now standard? You must be aware of it if it you're advertising the fact you can supposedly make 5 subs. Or is the level of coding so poor that they don't even know how change the number on the bench??

Message 5 of 9 (1,472 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

That's correct it's 5 subs but you only get 3 substitution windows to do it. So if you use quick subs, or only do one at a time you're limited to 3. I still don't understand why they don't have anything that shows you how many subs you have left to make, they used to but removed it some years back.

Message 6 of 9 (1,463 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No actually, it is 5 subs in local games (i.e. kick-off) but in online modes you are limited to 3 substitutes even if you introduce all 3 during half-time and try later in the game to introduce a player.

Also you are limited to 7 players on the bench...

Message 7 of 9 (1,401 Views)

★★ Pro
Would be nice to have 9 subs in the Premier League and the whole squad for the World Cup mode!
Message 8 of 9 (1,360 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

And still the same in fc 24... They don't even care for rules IRL... Wow

Message 9 of 9 (238 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help