Re: Notifications still a mess!

by EA_Grasshopper

Original Post

Notifications still a mess!

★★ Apprentice

Product: Command & Conquer: Rivals
Platform:Android Tablet
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) NVIDIA Shield K1
OS Version 7.0
What is your Player ID? CinJin#rvFg97wJ
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug Notifications (that appear in the Android window shade drop-down) are still a mess. Duplicates, stale notifications, notifications that appear and disappear before you can dismiss or open them. No other app on my tablet has problems with notifications. Example: In the screenshot attached, there is a fresh (less than 30 min old) notification that the Crate Challenge ends in 4 hours. In fact it ended several days ago, you can see from the screenshot the only challenge remaining is unranked which I've already completed. Persona ID 1003986047932 Game handle CinJin#rvFg97wJ
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game some, exit to Android home screen, then re-launch game and play some more. Repeat until bug occurs, it shouldn't take more than 2-3 game sessions. You may need to wait 1-12 hours between game sessions, in order to give the game time to generate some notifications.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

Message 1 of 3 (431 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Note that there are many variations on this:

• A notification appears, I dismiss it, and it is almost immediately replaced by a new notification identical to the one I just dismissed.
  • A stacked notification appears (multiple notices in the same notification) and below it, separate notifications containing notices that are duplicates with ones in the stacked notification
  • Delayed notifications.
  • Phantom notifications, e.g. "Your Crate has arrived" when in fact the crate is still over an hour away, and when I've already seen and dismissed the notification from the previous crate
  • other issues. Will add to this list when I see them again.
Message 2 of 3 (403 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hey @aecinjin thanks for reporting! The team is aware of this issue and are working on it. If they are super annoying it may be best to disable notifications in Settings until a fix is pushed out.Thanks again!

Message 3 of 3 (391 Views)