Nothing is clickable anymore, pause/unpause and save don't work either

by ameliethomas0607

Original Post

Nothing is clickable anymore, pause/unpause and save don't work either

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions and all game packs except Vampires and dining
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? You can't play with the Sim anymore, only watch it carry on with whatever they think they want to do, you can't interact with anything or click on anything, can't save and can't pause or unpause either.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to play with my Sim
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I downloaded the newest extension pack "Eco Lifestyle" after I bought it on Amazon

I've seen reports on this issue but the fix options were always related to mods and I don't have any mods. I have already reset and uninstalled and reinstalled the game but this issue stays. How can I fix it?

Message 1 of 8 (752 Views)

Re: Nothing is clickable anymore, pause/unpause and save don't work either

Hero
@ameliethomas0607 Bit unsure what you're issue is. Did the game freeze or is it clicking anywhere that doesn't work ?

Have you tried repairing your game through Origin yet ?

Did you try clicking on the ingame computer that could have caused it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (707 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Basically the game plays as normal, it doesn't freeze cause the Sim still goes on doing the regular things by his own choice, he'd go to work and do random things but I can't click on anything to control him or have him interact with anything. It has basically turned all my Sims to NPCs that you can just watch do their thing. When you click on objects it makes the clicking sound but it doesn't give you any options to interact. You also can't pause or unpause anymore, it'll just keep playing. Saving the game also isn't possile. 

And yes, I tried repair, I tried resetting and I tried reinstalling the game and all hasn't helped with the issue. 

Message 3 of 8 (685 Views)

Hero
@ameliethomas0607 Is it isolated to your save game or also happens on a fresh one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (674 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's just with that one Sim but he's my favourite and I have played with him for a long time and I want to complete all aspirations with him. He's pretty far along and I don't want to start over

Message 5 of 8 (667 Views)

Hero
@ameliethomas0607 Does he have lots of stuff in his inventory ? If so, can you reduce the amount of that or does that also not work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (646 Views)

Hero
@ameliethomas0607 Did you have a chance to try the suggestion ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (599 Views)

Hero
@ameliethomas0607 Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (572 Views)