Not working: Thermal Binoculars, Scan Dart, NV optics, Boba Fett, Lando, Bossk

by bluefalcon52

Original Post

Re: Not working: Thermal Binoculars, Scan Dart, NV optics, Boba Fett, Lando, Bos

★★★ Newbie
I use the assault class and for me the scan dart works sometimes and other times it doesn’t. It’s a pretty big disappointment as I spent a bunch of parts to upgrade it to level 3 and I used it as part of my playing strategy.

It honestly seems to be random and there isn’t anything that always fixes it. I try to leave a game and in the next one it still doesn’t work. I’ve closed the game completely and opened it back up and it’s fixed it, but then sometimes it doesn’t.

I’m playing on Xbox one. Pleas fix this issue.
Message 31 of 139 (3,245 Views)

Re: Not working: Thermal Binoculars, Scan Dart, NV optics, Boba Fett, Lando, Bos

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Edit:  This does not work, probably just coincidence.

https://youtu.be/o6Yc0KF87-Q

Bringing up the ability overlay seems to fix it?  

Without bringing up the overlay, it doesn't get fixed until I die.

Message 32 of 139 (3,234 Views)

★ Guide

I'll try it out today and see if it is consistent 

Message 33 of 139 (2,988 Views)

★ Guide

Bringing up the ability overlay (F1 by default) has no impact on this, at least for me

Message 34 of 139 (2,958 Views)

★ Guide

I have the same problem with all those  Abilities and attachments which outline and highlight enemies for the user and teammates since the frst day but not all the time, but I didn't try after today's patch, after some try I will be back there to tell if it works fine after this morning patch.

Message 35 of 139 (2,946 Views)

★ Guide
It still occurs with today’s patch. The f1 overlay trick does not always fix it.
Message 36 of 139 (2,936 Views)

★ Guide

hoth

Screenshot (18).png

Message 37 of 139 (2,917 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yup Same thing.

Message 38 of 139 (2,907 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I saw that thermal is a bit different now after the patch, in which a target circle highlights the players that were tagged when you tag them and disappears, but other than that there are still plenty of times where I can't see players glowing or in a different color with any of the different visions. You would think at night I would be able to use the Night vision, and yet i cant see anyone, or thermal through a forest or room, and yet nothing. This one is def one that i really hope gets addressed.

Message 39 of 139 (2,896 Views)

★★★ Newbie
PS4 here.

For me it’s either all or nothing. Either all enemies on screen are illuminated properly—or none are.

Bossk is the worst offender for me, his thermal vision only picks up enemies about 1/5 of the time. I try to only use it as a last resort when I figure I’m going to die anyways, using it offensively makes all enemies disappear and the only thing I can see is blue—getting me killed.

The next worst is Boba Fett’s scan, it works about 1/3 of the time. I only use it for the jet pack fuel enhancement.

Next comes the night vision gun attachments. They all work about 1/2 the time. I cycle between looking down the scope and hip fire until it works—then try and not have to leave my scope if possible.

Lando’s blaster, scan dart, thermal binoculars, seems to work about 3/4 the time, just fail frequently enough to be frustrating.

Finally is Lando’s disabler which has never worked for me at all (so I guess this is the worst offender, not Bossk) but I mostly use it for the stun anyways.

These bugs make many star cards almost useless. The improved scan dart, improved thermal binoculars, Boba Fett scan cards and Bossk thermal vision cards...

Bossk thermal cards are by far the most useless. Currently Bossk should never use his thermal vision unless he doesn’t need to see what he is shooting at (so right before death or when being melee attacked).

Hope these get fixed, but judging from what I’ve heared from other players...unless this becomes a Meme we shouldn’t expect a fix.

I literally have hours of recorded gameplay where this bug happens.
Message 40 of 139 (2,928 Views)