Re: Not working: Thermal Binoculars, Scan Dart, NV optics, Boba Fett, Lando, Bos

by felker_s

Original Post

Re: Not working: Thermal Binoculars, Scan Dart, NV optics, Boba Fett, Lando, Bos

★★★★★ Novice

+1

On PS4, this happens to me all the time. Thermal binoculars and night vision weapons (for trooper, heavy, and officer) constantly have this problem. I’d say around 50% of the time for me, very random. 

Message 91 of 139 (1,698 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DYSPROssium wrote:

I wish this was made a priority, it really affects playing as Bossk. You just can't see anything with the middle ability. It happens like 80% of the time (today).

This issue has been passed onto the team to investigate further, sorry for the delay in response to this!

Message 92 of 139 (1,609 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@T0TALfpsDo you mean this had not been passed along yet? It seems like a very serious bug impacting all game modes, multiple classes and weapons. Furthermore, it was raised 6 months ago, and it looks like one of the bug reports with the highest score here.

Message 93 of 139 (1,568 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@alfuenmo wrote:

@T0TALfpsDo you mean this had not been passed along yet? It seems like a very serious bug impacting all game modes, multiple classes and weapons. Furthermore, it was raised 6 months ago, and it looks like one of the bug reports with the highest score here.

I'm referring to certain aspects of the bug, although I can appreciate that it may come across as a bit generalized.

Hopefully some clarity: There are certain bits of this bug that were resolved in a previous patch, certain bits that had already been passed on, but it is rather evident that things are still ongoing and we have logged it once again to be looked into.

Message 94 of 139 (1,558 Views)

Champion (Retired)

After a few weeks of things going o.k. with most of these items, this week the scan dart has not been working....again.  

Message 95 of 139 (1,495 Views)

I've tested Bossk his nightvision ability a few times and did not encounter any problem. It seems to be much more stable now (PC).

I am not sure about the other items on this list, will test them if I got more time.

Message 96 of 139 (1,482 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

There is an additional added problem to this now.. Not only you still have problems with this randomly not working BUT, now (I think since the last update, but could have been the one before that) sometimes it also picks up your own team mates, in addition to the enemies. So you don't really know which one you should be shooting at.

Message 97 of 139 (1,849 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

PRETTY MUCH EVERY SINGLE HERO AND VILLIAN HAS A GAME BREAKING PROBLEM! 

1. The heat vision and scan effects don't work.  Color highlighting system from scanning doesn't always work either.  Your teammates get highlighted red and it's not clear why they are highlighted red.
  2. Light saber blocking has so many bugs.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21g-jLg7KAI (Happens because you blocked after you were hit with special attack and you let go of block. No damage done.) 
  3. Light saber stamina has bugs.  You might still have stamina left but you can't lunge and lock onto people with attacking.  Other times it's the opposite way. (Watch below video from 7:08 to 7:14)
  4. Light saber attacks have bugs.
  5. Lightning standard attack has bugs.
  6. Lando heat vision and multishot has bugs.....multishot not picking up bossk a lot of the time when he jumps.
  7. Chewy doing double ground slam if you jump first and then ground slam.  He gets up sometimes and runs again to ground strike.
  8. Han shoulder charge does like 2 or three hits now, but doesn't always knock people down.
  9. Phasma staff strike doesn't lunge anymore like the last update said it would.
  10. All force powers not working in the air or on uneven ground.
  11. You can get hit by downed heros if you stand too close to them. (Watch below video from 3:00 to 3:07.)
  12. Kylo frenzy attack doesn't always contact people.  You can hit people if you are flying around in the air above them with frenzy. You can't cancel it.  You sometimes hit people through block and then get cancelled by block later.  You go right through person and hit them and then miss on the second hit even though you went through them and are behind them now.  It cancels itself in weird manners when the enemy isn't even blocking as well.  (Watch below video from 9:27 to 9:30 for one example of what I'm talking about.)
  13. Rey Dash glitch
  14. Light saber throw for maul and vader miss everytime on the back swing.  Sometimes it goes through the player and the other times it doesn't and gets blocked, might have to do with blocking mechanic problems mentioned above. (Watch below video from 4:19 to 4:29.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gSthvDzns4

Message 98 of 139 (1,843 Views)

Champion (Retired)

After a long time of thermal binoculars working consistently for me, today they weren't working again.  They WOULD mark targets, they WOULDN'T show heat signatures. 

Message 99 of 139 (1,782 Views)

★★★ Pro

I'm just commenting here for a CM to see.

These are lingering bugs ever since launch, sometimes presenting themselves, sometimes not. For me, Scan Dart is 100% bugged, but Boba's scan works with a 50-50 chance, same with the thermal binos... No idea.

What's certain is that the reveal functions are all bugged in some form.

Message 100 of 139 (1,728 Views)