by xixcooooooo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Workaround] - Can't start shift at Eco Workshop

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 11 pro
OS Version iOS 14.4.1
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It started at 27th June.The eco workshop didn't show the pink colour drop for my sims to work. I can't upgrade the stage too. The schedule stucked at Sunday (today is Tuesday). I've completed the eco workshop at 27th morning, and completed the eco workshop task. Suddenly some glitches, and the daily task repeated again, and my sims can't work in eco workshop.
What do you expect to see? To fix the bug so my sims can't work in eco workshop and I get to complete all the daily task to get the festival pass. Please please help me to fix it.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country Malaysia

The picture there shows the bug that I mentioned, there's no pink colour drop for my sims to attend the event. I've tried to reinstall the app, to restart my phone and nothing change. 

It started at 27th June.The eco workshop didn't show the pink colour drop for my sims to work. I can't upgrade the stage too. The schedule stucked at Sunday (today is Tuesday). I've completed the eco workshop at 27th morning, and completed the eco workshop task. Suddenly some glitches, and the daily task repeated again, and my sims can't work in eco workshop.

Please help me to fix the bug!!!!! I've requested two live chat and they told me to report it here. Have a nice day y'all. <3

Message 1 of 218 (23,848 Views)

Accepted Solution

[Workaround] - Can't start shift at Eco Workshop

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Note 8, LG G5
OS Version Android 10, Android 8
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My guess is that this may be tied to the view an ad for bonus rewards option, as viewing the full ad and returning to the game sometimes doesn't visually reward anything but completes the quest. I've also seen this happening with career and hobby tracks where one of the options will disappear (e.g. standard shift won't be available).
What do you expect to see? the quest start indicator (magenta circle with a star in it)
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

After seeing that this didn't reach a definitive resolution here, I thought that I'd do a small writeup on what worked for me, as I wasn't going to wait around in hopes that it fixed itself at random or that the weekly reset would fix it (it didn't). Scroll down to the last section if you just want to see what worked for me. Standard smile

Prior to noticing the issue, I'm pretty sure that I'd watched an ad for bonus rewards (waiting the entire time until the x appeared), then returned to the game, but there was no visual credit. That's been happening with other rewards too, so I just kept going with other events. I've had to use 164 sim cash + a few cupcakes (70*2+24 - two days to speed up the daily and speed up the event start after fix today) to address the issue and would like that compensated, as spending that wouldn't have happened without the issue.

I've already had to open other tickets to reach a resolution, and the third may have gotten closed without addressing compensation.

The Fix

1. Unless you remember which sim was last at the workshop event, wait for all sims to complete their events, and summon them all to Parkside via something like interacting with the plants outside the workshop (tend, talk to, etc.)
  2. Let it idle for a couple minutes on the Parkside screen
  3. Hard restart your game (go to the app switcher and close it)
  4. Launch the game again
  5. Upon relaunch, I got two pink checkmarks, and one was for the eco workshop event. 
  6. After that, I sped up the start and ran interactions + energy refill until complete and hard restarted again to check that the event is still available (it is). (Edit: Note that this speed up + rush to completion most likely isn't necessary; I was just impatient and wanted to check if it worked + needed it for the quest.)

[Edit - Removed account info]

View in thread

Message 38 of 218 (26,291 Views)

All Replies

Re: Eco Workshop not working

Hero
@xixcooooooo Are your Sims busy with work, relationships or hobbies? They look busy in your first screenshot. It's not possible to upgrade the Eco Workshop or start a shift or any other activities while Sims are busy. Can you try again when they are idle?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 218 (23,752 Views)

★ Apprentice

But if they are working it will also show the pink color drop. I’ve tried before when they were not working, my sims can’t work too.

Message 3 of 218 (23,734 Views)

★ Apprentice
@SalixCat I can’t upload the photo of my sims not working. I hope the game developer team will fix it🥺 please help me to fix😩
Message 4 of 218 (23,723 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @xixcooooooo, could you DM me your player id so we can investigate this issue? thanks!

Message 5 of 218 (23,706 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_DragonsEye I’ve dm you my id
Message 6 of 218 (23,691 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_DragonsEye its fixed!!thank you so much!😇
Message 7 of 218 (23,661 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@xixcooooooo I have not done anything to your game, so it seems it fixed by itself, can you let me know if this issue  happens again next week or something? Thanks!

Message 8 of 218 (23,641 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_DragonsEye I will!! Thank you🤣
Message 9 of 218 (23,635 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have this bug for two days now. Any available sims I choose at eco work shop does not give the option to start events.

Message 10 of 218 (23,590 Views)