Re: Not loading into match after premade squad game or change of mode or map cha

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Not loading into match after premade squad game or change of mode or map change

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? JOHNNY_COYLE_
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Load into a game
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Pressing the ready button in the lobby
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? I cannot play any matches in a row with a premade squad
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Everyday
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I do not ready up and the screen displays party member preloading. Also, no tick appears above my characters head. I have to leave party and rejoin or return to main menu and reload into the lobby to resolve this.
What should be happening instead? Party ready up and enters a match
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play on my network

I have researched this bug alot, and via threads here and Google searches, it seems that it may have something to do with my connection. I am normally connected via a Lan cable with over 30mb download speed and this is when my issue happens. I was able to hotspot my playstation from my phone and I didn't have an issue anymore. However, this isn't a viable method of connecting to the internet. I have assigned a static IP address (as recommended on a separate thread) but to no avail. Is there anything else I can try to be able to play uninterrupted on my Lan?

Message 1 of 6 (659 Views)

Re: Not loading into match after premade squad game or change of mode or map cha

EA DICE Team
If a hot spot is working, then there is something not working with your network or network routing towards us. I honestly would poke ISP on this and see if there anything they can help out with routing issues. @Johnnycoyle87

/Atic
Message 2 of 6 (606 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you @EA_Atic for your response. I have worked with them but all they could say is that there is no fault on the line from their side and that I am still getting the alloted download/upload speeds (which are approx 30/40mbps download)

From your perspective, is there a specific setting or question I could ask them? I would really like to get this resolved as it severely impacts my gaming.

Message 3 of 6 (599 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Atic , just curious if you had a chance to look at my question regarding what I need to quiz my ISP about to help resolve this? 

I don't have this issue on any other battle royale games so is it a specific problem with Apex?

Message 4 of 6 (544 Views)

EA DICE Team

Sorry for late response @Johnnycoyle87 My suspect its routing issue with you ISP. 

Inside the red box are potential server hubs that keep sending your data to the end destination and in this case our server. If one of those servers hubs has an issue with being overworked or cant handle the data it will reflect on your connection to us and in-game (bad ping, loss of connections, data loss and so on). This is outside of our domain and control as we don't control how your data get sent to us only that our system accepts it.

image.png

My great paint skills.

/Atic 

Message 5 of 6 (512 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Atic 

Thanks for getting back to me. And thanks for the info. I will see if my ISP can do anything.

And your paint skills... Chefs kiss Standard smile

Message 6 of 6 (459 Views)