Re: Not joining match when match starts

by crustyelbow74

Original Post

Community Manager

@Ashs_Beyond 

There is definitely an issue happening based off that report. Your 2nd hop shows an average ping of over 264ms, so that explains why you're hanging up at the lobby. Before hitting our servers it increases to over 400ms. Do you have other Ethernet ports you can try plugging your Ethernet cable in and are there any damaged wires?

Blueberry.png
Message 11 of 51 (1,424 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

But if my ping was that high, surly I wouldn't be able to play any games, which I have no issue doing. It's just after coming out of a game with a quad, I have to leave and rejoin the squad to match into a game with them. I am using wifi, rather then wired connection but I can try an ethernet cable if you think it would help but I'm not entirely convinced my ping is the issue as all my other connections seem to be fine. Even after rejoining the squad we match into a game easy and play with a good connection. 

Just to clarify I am from Perth western Australia, just incase I was trying to ping the wrong server. 

Message 12 of 51 (1,423 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry 

Haven't had a response from you guys is ages. Still getting the bug. I can garente it's nothing to do with my ping, I'm able to get into game and play them without lag just fine. It's only in this specific situation that I can't join into a game.

what else can I do to help you guys find the issue?

Message 13 of 51 (1,383 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry 

Still no response from you guys, just wanted to check in and see if you had any more info for me or anything else you want me to try. Or is there anyone else I should be talking to or somewhere else I can log some bug reports. I've been putting up with this bug for a long time now...

Message 14 of 51 (1,328 Views)

Community Manager

@Ashs_Beyond 

I'm afraid there aren't any widespread issues being reported on this from what I've heard. Based off the UO trace results last go around, this is likely due to the connection being lost as the game is syncing up into the match. 

I recommend reaching out to your ISP to see if there are alternative options in re-routing your connection to our servers. We have ports listed for Apex Legends here I advise looking at to improve connectivity: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

I'm sorry you're still having this trouble, but based off the high ping times it's not uncommon to see what's happening as a result. :\

Blueberry.png
Message 15 of 51 (1,284 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Blueberry I'm having the exact same problems with great ping and use an ethernet cable where I don't see problems in any other game.
Message 16 of 51 (1,268 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry thanks, I'll try the port forwarding and let you reply what I find. 

But one thing I don't understand is why would I be getting such a high ping for something like this but actually playing the game I'm getting good ping. while in-game I'm able to play without any lag or stutter but my ping could be causing this? Since I have a better internet connection than most of my friends and I'm the only one getting the issue (and I've tried using 2 different ISPs to test but got no change).

In the time since having this issue, I've redownloaded Titanfall 2 and played some online of that and it works great. Good ping good connection status and no getting out of sync with lobbies. Is there something different to how Apex is handling out of game lobbies? do the servers that handle the out of game lobbies reside only in US or something?

Just trying to understand the issue.

And after a quick 10 min search for technical support tickets (not bug reports) here are just a few links to other people I've found with this issue...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Unable-to-ready-up-after-a-game/m-p/9420074#M81958

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Matchmaking-problem-my-friends-enter-the-game-i-stuck-in-...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Trouble-in-matchmaking-ps4/m-p/9420036#M81953

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Apex-legend-matchmaking-issue/m-p/9419773#M81940

Message 17 of 51 (1,256 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry 

I contacted my ISP support and they did not understand why you were suggesting I do. I've attached some screenshots that might help diagnose what an issue might be. Ping to my nearest data centre is 80 any my internet connection is fine. Could you provide a reason why my ping would suddenly go up to 400+ when disconnecting from a game?

I don't really see anything else I can do here to solve this issue or how it's related to my internet connection. These tests have been done with moderate use of the internet at the same time so not optimal conditions. I get seeds of 130+mb/s download and 8+mb/s upload.

Message 18 of 51 (1,234 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry 

Any more news?

Message 19 of 51 (1,155 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry 

If this is an issue then needs fixing on my end, could you please explain what's happening in more detail so I can try and help fix it?

If you want to privately message my account to something I'm more than willing to do any troubleshooting steps needed and provide any more info. 

But this is clearly an issue a lot of other people are having, I even found a news article about it as the first listed google search. 

(https://ag.hyperxgaming.com/article/7090/how-to-fix-the-party-not-ready-error-in-apex-legends#:~:tex....)

Message 20 of 51 (1,082 Views)