Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number RTX2080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen? Everyone
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Since the 11.11.2018
Summarize your bug Not able to spawn as gunner in the ally bombers. It keeps telling you the pilot is out of combat.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not possible
What happens when the bug occurs? You cant spawn as gunner in the ally bombers. It keeps telling you the pilot is out of combat.
What should be happening instead? You CAN spawn as Gunner in the ally bombers

Nothing more to say. This bug is pretty straight forward.

Message 1 of 12 (1,935 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Not able to spawn in ally bomber BFV

★★ Pro

This has been patched now: "Fixed an issue preventing squad spawning on Blenheim airplanes." - Page 10 of PDF patch notes.

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (1,283 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Same issue here. Slightly annoying to fly against bombers that are allowed gunners while you are not. Unfortunately it was not covered in today's patch. 

Message 2 of 12 (1,920 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Could you verify if the bug still persists if you buy the Paradrop upgrade for the Blenheim Mk I? It's on the right side of upgrade tree, in 4th tier. Maybe both are connected.

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 3 of 12 (1,898 Views)

★★ Novice

I cant get anyone to spawn, even if I have the forward gunner (extra position).

Message 4 of 12 (1,818 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Seriously? This issue still exist and no one care to fix this! thanks DICE for support...
Message 5 of 12 (1,732 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

This is not how bug fixing works. There is no "fix it now" button. It's already been said that the game update is scheduled for December 4th, so if it will be fixed, that's when it will happen.

However, one thing to keep in mind is that there obviously is a limited number of bugs that can physically be fixed in a fairly short time period after release (yes, for a game that has just been released ~3 weeks is not a lot of time; once again, bug fixing is way more complicated than just changing a line of code) and I doubt that this is considered a major bug, so it might be pushed to later updates. 

If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 6 of 12 (1,700 Views)

★ Guide

This happens on Xbox as well but i don't nesesarely care to much

Message 7 of 12 (1,680 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Spitfire - This should definitely be considered a medium / higher priority bug... I get the tank turret not spinning or having to level one past the unlock level to actually get the unlock being "minor", but this has much more of an impact on the gameplay (especially when trying to play cooperatively as the game is intended to be played).

Also, there is such a thing as a hot fix. If something is truly game breaking (not that this is, but the Frontlines games that never end for example...), then it can and should be fixed as a priority. The fact that the game has been out for 3+ weeks and Frontlines games still don't end half the time, resulting in the entire server having to vacate, makes no sense. Add another 10 days onto that until patch day, that's over 4 weeks with the main game mode fundamentally broken to the point the server has to be abandoned on a regular basis, that's sad.

I love this game but am starting to agree with the more hot-headed posts in some cases, 3+ weeks on some of these bugs is borderline ridiculous.

Also, I get you are a volunteer and have to defend EA, but talking down to people isn't the way to do it. Do not explain to us how hard it is to fix a bug as if we are stupid for thinking some of these would have been addressed already, believe it or not some of us have an understanding of that already. The reality is that many people on this forum are correct, a lot of this should have been caught in testing and corrected before the release date.

Message 8 of 12 (1,641 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Okay, I'll address those in random order:

1) Based on my involvement in bug tracker in BF4 and 1, there is no "medium" severity - there is Trivial, Minor, Major and Block (there used to be Crash too) - Block is applied when it's impossible to play singleplayer, multiplayer or the game in general, while Major is applied for cases that compromise the ability to properly play a bigger part of the game. For example, in context of planes, a Major-level bug would, at minimum, be the complete inability to use one of planes. Bugs like one here generally were marked with Minor severity. Should they still be found regardless? Probably, but things will slip by. QA will not get nearly as much coverage on its own as playerbase will, the difference in sample sizes pretty much is a couple of orders of magnitude here.

2) Volunteering here has nothing to do with defending anything - it's an extremely common misconception that, while understandable, has little to do with reality. I've criticized things a fair number of times myself despite being the Hero here and moderating in multiple other places. Being in one of those positions doesn't mean that you have to act positive about everything even if things are on fire. Just like anyone else, if you don't like something, you say it (politely, of course). Also, there was no talking down here. Unfortunately, things often have to be put that way, as, once again, a lot of people actually believe that fixing things is something that can be done basically instantly and with no effort. Yes, some people have an understanding of how things work, but many do not, and that's why the reply was straight to the point. And just finding the bug actually is a fairly minor step in context of fixing it. If reliable reproduction steps are not established, fix won't happen... and figuring reproduction steps out is a way tougher task out of two. Think revive bug in BF1. Common, but as reproduction steps were extremely difficult to find, it couldn't be fixed for a long time.

3) On hotfixes, I believe there has been a grand total of one of those over last couple of Battlefields. While I obviously have no knowledge of why it's that way, I would not really take that route into consideration. Not a fan of that and I have my guesses on why it is that way (most likely the likelihood of hotfix causing damage to actual big patch and/or a matter of internal 2-week patch test period), but that's the way DICE has always operated. What I do know is that December 4th patch has been locked down two days ago and it's currently being tested (source: https://twitter.com/JaqubAjmal/status/1066023990450417671).

Message 9 of 12 (1,610 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'd consider this a major bug. It means your bombers can't defend themselves. 

Message 10 of 12 (1,560 Views)