by ditzygypsy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Not Progressing in Business Career after Level 9

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) IPad mini 4
OS Version 11.2.6
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003021029817
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don’t know. I’m watching to see if it changes as I keep playing.
What do you expect to see? Progress and no data loss.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Canada
Additional feedback I think it’s all related to the fact that it just will not save properly. And your connection is poor. Mine is superb. I have the fastest wifi I can get and I’m 10feer from the router. My iPad is only a year old.

My sim who works at the business office is on Level 9. It says she’s at 87%. It isn’t moving as I play. I got the last oftice item from the career unlocked but she hasn’t moved in progress since then, and I can’t afford the ridiculous 75$ to buy the last item. But my other sims have competed all 10 levels of their Cooking, Medical, and Fashion careers. Also, it keeps giving me a Please Update pop up. I did update. And I am one of the people having the horrendous save data/data loss issues. I only play on one device. I am connected to Facebook and Gamecenter.

Edit/addition: After playing one regular and one short shift, I noticed that her bar goes back to 305 every time I press the pink check mark. It never keeps the work shift xp; it is at 305 every time. But that bar flashes past so fast. Why can’t we see a detailed total of the career level progress bars? And also detailed progress bars for the game and home value levels. Plus, when you do a shift at work or hobbies, if your shift is worth more than the amount needed to complete a level, it should carry over into the next level like every other game. After testing this for a year before a global-ish release, these things, and especially the rampant data/progress losses, are MASSIVE issues. Now please fix the career progress bar—while you’re getting the data loss addressed. Thank you.

Message 1 of 9 (1,289 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Not Progressing in Business Career after Level 9

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

As of late last night, probably around midnight PDT, I noticed the Update pop-up had not popped up in three consecutive playing sessions! So I tried a short shift in the Business career, and it seemed that everything was retained, so I exited, reentered, and did another short shift. All of it was retained. The game still randomly disconnects in the background, and I’m constantly checking my Party chat feeds (if they fail to load, the game has lost connection to your server), and that means frequently playing for a few minutes, exiting, and going back in to play or check to see if it lost the connection at some point and failed to retain played data before taking a break, but it’s a massive improvement. I may be brave enough once again to buy more IAP currency now and use cupcakes again without fear of losing them, and therefore, losing real money.

Many thanks.

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (1,393 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @ditzygypsy, we released a new version of the game yesterday with some fixes around events. Can you please update to this version and let us know if you still experience this issue. You may have to go to the updates tab in the App Store to see the update. 

Message 2 of 9 (1,274 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I really appreciate you answering me and the fact that I could actually find my way back here to see if you had answered me .

Ok, I updated the minute it came out (before I sent this bug report); however I keep getting a pop-up asking me to update. I have reset my iPad and logged out and back into my iTunes account. And now along with the career issue, the disconnecting from your network in the background and subsequently losing played game data, my extra energy objects like in the bathroom, the soap dispenser and the little handtowel thing are not giving me the extra energy they’re supposed to give me when my Sim uses the toilet and the bathtub and shower. I have updated, but the game thinks I have not updated, and nothing except the problem I had earlier with the retirement option, has been fixed in two weeks.

PS I bought two heirlooms/charms. One is the Jenny’s Foodie Charm. It has no method to activate it. Now, I still have my first generation playing because there was a bug and they weren’t retireable and now I need them for this Duck Spa Hottub event, but I also bought a charm for increased friendliness, and it is not activatable either. Do I need to wait for my first two sims to retire? And, my wife sim had a baby with the husband sim and that baby is now the career glitched adult, but she is listed as the husband’s mother. I wonder if this is partly why the charms aren’t activable (I think I’ve made up that word, lol). The mother/wife is listed as the husband’s wife, but their kids (I moved one out) do not list as his kids. Sigh.

Message 3 of 9 (1,259 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Check the 'updates' tab in the App Store, it will tell you there is an update there Standard smile 

Message 4 of 9 (1,223 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Thank you. I realize you deal with idiots a lot, but in this case (with respect to apps, running my device, and understanding BASIC iTunes functions), I am not one. I have ALREADY installed the update. Your app page in my App Store does not have an Update button any longer. The button now says “Open”. I processed the update within MINUTES after seeing it pop up in my update notifications for the App Store. For some reason your app is being a moron and refuses to acknowledge the fact that I have processed the update. There is nothing for me to update and as I ALREADY said, I have reset my iPad (not just turned it off, but reset it twice), logged out of my iTunes account and then logged back into it just to make sure that there wasn’t some kind of glitch with iTunes in my App Store. I want to be clear that I do sort of know what I’m doing when it comes to this small area involving iTunes. My iPad has the current operating system installed. I do not leave any apps merely minimized in the background; I close all of them by double clicking and swiping (just in case the next thing you’re going to tell me is to make sure I close the app completely and then proceed to tell me how to do that obvious nonsense). This problem is not something that I can fix in a basic way on my side; it is something wrong with your application, and I need you to tell me what to do to fix it without losing my 25 levels of game data, or I need you to fix it! Thank you.

Message 5 of 9 (1,210 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

As of late last night, probably around midnight PDT, I noticed the Update pop-up had not popped up in three consecutive playing sessions! So I tried a short shift in the Business career, and it seemed that everything was retained, so I exited, reentered, and did another short shift. All of it was retained. The game still randomly disconnects in the background, and I’m constantly checking my Party chat feeds (if they fail to load, the game has lost connection to your server), and that means frequently playing for a few minutes, exiting, and going back in to play or check to see if it lost the connection at some point and failed to retain played data before taking a break, but it’s a massive improvement. I may be brave enough once again to buy more IAP currency now and use cupcakes again without fear of losing them, and therefore, losing real money.

Many thanks.

Message 6 of 9 (1,394 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi  @SimGuruMaaike 😊 

My sim has been in the barista career since he became an adult two weeks ago (going into his third week now) but i realised a couple of days ago that it said he’s still only on level 5 of his career.  I have a few other things going on so i didnt pay much attention until this morning when i realised he was still on level 5, but his story says he’s completed it 100%.  I push my sims through their careers as fast as possible to earn the max simoleons.  The other sim created at the same time as him has been on level 10 in the DJ career for at least the past week, or close to it and i have two others on a level 8/9 in the surgeon and chef careers, but they were both promoted to adult a week after these other sims.  So basically ive been sending him to work and receiving only the level career pay when he’s been on level 10 for around a week, so god knows how many simoleons ive lost.  I tried to contact EA whose, rather amusingly, tech page because its down with the message to “call the tech department... wait thats us”.  Not much help to me but it gave me a giggle.  It said to come here, so here i am...

Don’t know where the blank form is but here you go:

Player ID 1003595519482

Ipad Pro - iOS 11.4.1

You can see the issue in Braden’s story in game and in the screenshot i’ve attached.

I’d love to see his career set the proper level and be compensated with correct simoleons that he should’ve beven earning during the past week.

Thanks in advance 👍 

Message 7 of 9 (1,069 Views)

The barista career only has 5 levels. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 8 of 9 (1,050 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Phantomlover1717 wrote:

The barista career only has 5 levels. 

Hahaha  seriously?!  How have i never noticed that before?!  Ignore all that then!  Lucky i plan on retiring him next Tuesday.  Wont be choosing that career path for any future sims then, hey?! 😂 

Thanks for the heads up.  Clearly i dont pay an awful lot of attention until something doesn’t look right!

Message 9 of 9 (1,046 Views)