Non-Keyholders enter home while keyholders do not (No ask to leave)

by iznas

Original Post

Non-Keyholders enter home while keyholders do not (No ask to leave)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.81.72.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to work, Batuu, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Luxury Party, Holiday Celebration, Grims Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy a house and disable NPC NAP voting. Sims that do not have a key to residence will walk inside like they own the house. Oddly enough sims outside of the family that do have keys will knock and wait to be invited inside. Most of these non resident key sims have no friend or love meter with any of my sims and always initially have the "introduction" choices when clicked on.
What happens when the bug occurs? Buy a house and disable NPC NAP voting. Sims that do not have a key to residence will walk inside like they own the house. Oddly enough sims outside of the family that do have keys will knock and wait to be invited inside. Most of these non resident key sims have no friend or love meter with any of my sims and always initially have the "introduction" choices when clicked on.
What do you expect to see? Sims with a key to my crib walk in like they own the place, not random sims I have never met.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Really annoying when my child is doing homework and some random adult lets himself in and starts talking to her. Yes I killed him.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 5 (705 Views)

Re: Uninvited sims walking into home (Patch 1.81.72.1030)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@iznas There's currently a lot o f thread for this depending on the scenario.

Do you have a ask to leave option ? Are you're doors locked or unlocked ? Need to know which thread to merge this with.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (662 Views)

★★ Novice

No I cannot ask them to leave. Door is unlocked. It's kind of like the "give residence key" code gets swapped. Those with a key knock and leave if not invited in but everyone else has free run of the place.

Message 3 of 5 (627 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@iznas Do you just see this in apartments or houses as well ?

Going to leave this as yet another scenario for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (603 Views)

★★ Novice

I have not tried apartments, but ill give it a shot tonight.

Message 5 of 5 (537 Views)