[NEEDS SAVES] Non-Goofball Sims Obsessively Queue Goof Around While Conversating

by Kametisu

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Non-Goofball Sims Obsessively Queue Goof Around While Conversating

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu, My Wedding Stories, Laundry Day Stuff Pack, Spooky Stuff Pack, and the kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Create a few sims without the goofball trait in a household (3 - 8 sims are preferred) 2. Make sure full autonomy is on 3. Wait until sims autonomously conversate with each other
What happens when the bug occurs? Non-Goofball Sims will often queue the "Goof Around" interaction.
What do you expect to see? The "Goof Around" interaction is to be available to Goofballs only.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. July 26th update.

Read Above.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit

Message 1 of 6 (3,126 Views)

Re: Non-Goofball Sims Obsessively Queue "Goof Around" While Conversati

Hero
@Kametisu Do you have any NAPs active ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (3,066 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict Nope. I disabled all NAPs before starting a new save file.
Message 3 of 6 (3,046 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? Thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing files: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

You can DM me the link to your files (note that I may not always respond) or you can upload them via this Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfmGBSvKURn9Ew6FLZDXs3cgAjYUGgkqMWbpvehGHmK4CX_ow/viewform

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 6 (2,502 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Non-Goofball Sims Obsessively Queue Goof Around While Conversa

★★★★★ Novice

i have the same problem. is anoying, my sims spam goof around and "ask what happened" all the time.. 

Message 5 of 6 (1,948 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Non-Goofball Sims Obsessively Queue Goof Around While Conversa

★★ Apprentice

I really hope this will be fixed at some point soon, because this and the obsessive use of the "Ask what happened" interaction is making it impossible for me to play without mods. The constant goofing around is also making it difficult for my sims to build friendships because more often than not, it's received negatively by the other sim. I always play with full autonomy and it's really difficult to stop them from spawning this interaction when you're playing with more than one sim.

Message 6 of 6 (916 Views)